Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Add on to revenue parking
Posted By hekler
7/7/2007 06:58
Currently your system when using revenue parking directs www.yourdomain.ext to an advertising page.

As a thought how about an option where the above happens but a set subdomain and for the sake of it lets call it PUBLIC gets redirected to a particular IP where you could have sub pages hosted. This would allow for a "For Sale Page" or just a general website.

So the option in the parking area of the NameServer Tab would be  something like

No 3rd-party ads.  
With 3rd-party ads.
Redirect PUBLIC traffic to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx IP

Email is not being forwarded. (go to email settings)

This should only require the setup script to also setup a DNS entry for a subdomain called PUBLIC with the nominated IP address at the same time it is setting the DNS with the parking details.

I know it would be handy to us and add value to the parking page. This way a domain owner gets revenue off the parking page while doing something with the rest of their site or attempting to sell it. It will also give them the choice of where they wish to host it.

Thoughts???????

[This post has been edited by hekler on Jul 7, 2007 7:02am.]
Reply Quote
9/10/2007 15:57
It is on our feature request list, however, I do not know when it will be implemented.
Reply Quote
Posted By andro
11/22/2007 07:36
1) Do any parking service offer such option ?

2) Any chance at Dynadot ?

3) My feedback:

Create 2 frames: first for parking page, second for our own with ads, links or graphics.

Like here:
http://backless.eu/
http://muzik-torrent.info/

[This post has been edited by andro on Nov 22, 2007 7:37am.]
Reply Quote
Posted By hekler
11/22/2007 23:59
Don't expect to much from DynaDot over the next 6 months or so.
Reply Quote
11/24/2007 01:34
Hi,
from my experience a Great parking site is refering to you
click below link

**LINK REMOVED**

Move your domain portfolio into the fast lane by signing up here:
**LINK REMOVED**
Reply Quote
11/26/2007 15:05
The links in your post have been removed. We don't allow referral linking.
Reply Quote