Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Upcoming Grace Deletion Policy Change
3/23/2009 10:24
Starting on April 1, 2009, our Grace Deletion Policy will change due to ICANN's Add Grace Period Limits Policy announcement back in December 17, 2008.  You can read ICANN's announcement here:

Advisory: Add Grace Period Limits Policy
http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-17dec08-en.htm

Only generic TLDs are affected by this policy:

- COM, NET, ORG, INFO, and NAME will start enforcing ICANN's AGP Limits Policy on April 1.
 - ASIA and MOBI have delayed their adoption of ICANN's AGP Limits Policy until May 1, 2009.
 - BIZ will not be changing their current grace deletion policy since they have already implemented ICANN's AGP Limits Policy last year.
 - TEL will be enforcing ICANN's AGP Limits Policy on March 24, 2009 (General Availability).

Each TLD affected by this policy will be restricted to the following:

- The deletion rate will be limited to 10% of all new domain registrations for that TLD.  (The 10% limit applies to our whole system.)  Therefore, we cannot always guarantee a grace deletion.

- The deletion fee will be increased from $0.20 to $1.00.

Please note that we may opt to increase the deletion fee further depending on demand.  A list of the current deletion fees will be shown on our Grace Deletions page:

Grace Deletions
http://www.dynadot.com/domain/grace_deletion.html

If you want to be able to grace delete your domains under the old Grace Deletion Policy, please submit your grace deletions before March 30, 2009 5pm Pacific Daylight Time.  We cannot guarantee that your domains will be deleted with the old Grace Deletion Policy after this date.

If you have any questions about these changes, please let us know.
Reply Quote
4/2/2009 07:06
¿ Because we have not been advised of this?

¿Why not have sent me any email about these changes?

¿ Because it has not been informed of this at home Dynadot?

I didnt know it!  Now I cant delete my domains!

[This post has been edited by m_c_barcelona_es on Apr 2, 2009 7:09am.]
Reply Quote
4/2/2009 12:11
I received the email plus the fact that its being talked about all over the place.  Dont know how you could not have known this was coming.
Reply Quote
4/2/2009 12:58
m_c_barcelona_es:  

We sent an email to your account email address on March 23, letting everyone know about the upcoming policy change.  

Our system will try to grace delete domains as soon as our quota drops back below 10%.
Reply Quote
4/2/2009 13:08
How are you distributing the 10% deletion allowed, is it on a first come, first served basis.  There are some people who taste hundreds of names per day, not sure if any of them use DynaDot but wouldnt those people like be hogging all the grace deletes allowed?

Thanks,

Mike
Reply Quote
4/2/2009 13:23
Dear Dynadot,

Your new method of grace deleting is senseless!! If I attempt to grace delete a domain, it should either fail or succeed within a reasonable amount of time, based off the current state of the deletion rate at the time I submitted the request. IT SHOULD NOT SIT IN A PENDING DELETION STATE WHICH PREVENTS ME FROM REQUESTING IT BE DELETED AGAIN AT A LATER TIME! Using a pending queue is a terrible idea (not fair to regular users or advanced users).

I made several deletion requests at different times yesterday, all of which were done while the deletion rate was below the max rate! The deletion rate even stayed below the max rate for hours after my deletion request! Please fix your system or better explain it in technical detail for those of us who are fully capable of understanding.

[This post has been edited by cee on Apr 2, 2009 2:18pm.]
Reply Quote
4/2/2009 19:58
For all of the folks who are now stuck with domain names because you did not know the rules.

(Just remember the original} AGP was intended to allow for the no-cost cancellation of domain name registrations resulting from typos and other errors by Registrars and registrants as well as some types of fraudulent registrations.  http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agp-policy-17dec08-en.htm

Not for a bunch of Schmucks who are ripping people off just because they need a certain domain name.  Hope you enjoy your domains. What comes around goes around....

Peace.
Reply Quote
4/3/2009 06:36
You are correct. Hence my statement about it not being fair to "regular users" either. The system should be designed as I specified to be fair to all users and give everyone an equal chance of getting their grace deletion completed (and a greater chance to those who will monitor the current deletion rate and attempt to delete them when it is capable of doing so -- those that show a greater desire/need for the deletion of their domain).

[This post has been edited by cee on Apr 3, 2009 6:37am.]
Reply Quote
4/3/2009 11:06
I think indeed that "tasting" should just be banned, and I feel that the new rules are not even strict enough!

What is grace deletion meant for? I would say: for correcting typos or other mistakes. Period. No other use. So I would say allowing each customer to delete a maximum of one domain name per day would be fair - nobody makes serial typos, I assume, and even if by chance one makes two or three typos on the same day, there would still remain enough time for deleting them over three days.
Reply Quote
4/24/2009 20:34
Can you PLEASE make a way to cancel a grace deletion that is in the "Processing" state? There are times that we may find the domain is worth keeping or change our minds about deleting it (decide we do like the name), and there is currently no way to stop it from being in the "Processing" state which may or may not delete it.

Can you please add this feature ASAP? It will help with the waiting list queue as well, since people who decide to keep their domains will not be preventing others from deleting theirs!

Thanks!
Reply Quote