Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Dynadot's Claims about some expired domain names with traffic and revenue!
4/28/2012 06:29
Hi!
Is anybody out there with experience on this issue?
I realized that some folks bid over 1000's of dollars on some domains,only because Dynadot claims some revenue on those domain names!
Dynadot explains that those numbers are only estimates! What kind of research puts Dynadot to claim these figures?

Best regards!
GR.
Reply Quote
4/30/2012 16:21
We don't collect or compile the data ourselves - Dynadot uses well known third party parking companies to park expired domain names. The stats we publish in the expired auctions website are directly from these companies.
Reply Quote
5/1/2012 07:29
Hi!
Thank you for your reply!

... and what experience have's Dynadot about the numbers claimed and provided by these  outsourced parking companies? Have them some consistence?  What about  expired domain names buyer's feedback?

Best regards!
GR.
Reply Quote
5/1/2012 16:40
While we have received some feedback that the estimates were not accurate,  it is a very low percentage overall.
Reply Quote
5/2/2012 00:47
Honestly?

Domain which claimed revenue 8 USD is earning 0.05 USD, the domain with revenue 17 USD 0.12 USD and domain with estimated revenue 30 USD which costed 150 USD is making real revenue of 0.20 USD per month.
I am not bidding on expiering auctions anymore for that reasons.
Reply Quote
5/2/2012 01:18
And in addition, I have bought a domain with estimated traffic to 5K per month. In 3 months I got 6 visitors.Sure you can have some luck, but you are lucky if you get 10% of the estimated revenue. Most of the domains are not even worth Reg fee. Last time I made an investigation on domain which claimed its revenue was 500+ USD per month. And people on dynadot were bidding like crazy. It turned out its Alexa rank was about 20,000,000 and using other more realistic services, it was making about 7 USD per month.I spent hundreds of Dollars for nothing.
Reply Quote
5/2/2012 02:15
Getting the figure... thanks!
This is a issue that Dynadot's must repair... trust in the company may be drowning down...
Reply Quote
5/3/2012 01:56
Yeah, you have bigger chances for profits when you play lottery :)
Reply Quote
5/3/2012 15:04
Does Dynadot's people wants to defend themselves from Ljubljana staement's? I think whe have a serious situastion here, and Dynadot's must say something! I used to trust on this site... but now i'm thinking twice... at least about pending delete and expired domains!

GR.
Reply Quote
5/3/2012 15:04
Does Dynadot's people wants to defend themselves from Ljubljana staement's? I think whe have a serious situastion here, and Dynadot's must say something! I used to trust on this site... but now i'm thinking twice... at least about pending delete and expired domains!

GR.
Reply Quote
5/3/2012 15:05
Dynadot - 0 / Ljubljana - 1
Reply Quote