Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
The new look is HIDEOUS -- please bring back the old template!
8/31/2011 11:45
When I first came to DynaDot today I thought the site had been hacked -- the new template looks THAT horrible.

The dark background is hard on the eyes, the other colors are awful and don't blend well at all.  It's incredibly distracting.

If you MUST keep this disgusting new look, please provide a link to go back to the old one for those of us with taste.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
10/24/2011 18:56
I agree, old Dynadot design was a lot better and simpler. Please bring it back.
Reply Quote
11/26/2011 19:58
Apparently nobody cares that the customers think the site is hideous.
Reply Quote
11/28/2011 09:02
dynadot new design is pretty cool!
Reply Quote
11/30/2011 11:16
Please, this site looks fine.

Who cares about this anyway? This board must be loaded with superb designers...

I want a good service and product. If i wanted great templates or lectures about it, i'd go to a site which is suited for that purpose.

Leave this forum for real non superficial feedback.
Reply Quote
12/12/2011 03:28
I'm moving my hostings and registrations to nother vendor because you web site is so ugly.  I began the process today and can't leave fast enough.
Reply Quote
12/12/2011 09:10
We're sorry you feel that way.  Is there anything specific about the site that you don't like?
Reply Quote
12/23/2011 14:49
@bullwinkle I'm sure your wordpress sites are visually very beautiful but function like sh*t. I recommend godaddy for people like you.
Reply Quote
12/27/2011 11:47
You asked what seems objectionable about the DynaDot site.

The site is very blocky and dark. White dropout text on grey lacks contrast. To the western eye the visual message implies a harsh and impersonal enterprise.  Consider something like a pirate's flag for example.

The site doesn't render well on some browsers.  The fairly rigorous W3C (World Wide Web Consortium that's been promulgating browser standards for quite a while) markup validation service found 26 errors and 2 warnings.  That said, there are some sites out there that will render only on HTML5, Flash or on a specific browser so I suppose it could be worse.

All in all, the site gives the impression of a good high school project but hardly that of a competent professional.

On the plus side it has only a few JavaScript weak spots.  I tend to run with my debuggers on and it's remarkable how many sites do not have robust JavaScript.  Ironically, the wonky scripts are usually for advertising, tracking, and more nefarious purposes.

The sad part is that I too am among the comparatively long time users who are gradually moving away from DynaDot in the face of what I see as a two year long shift away from what had once earned DynaDot a reputation as a constructive, trustworthy, helpful, decent and reliable registrar.  Perhaps the new site design is indeed the correct and proper face for the "new" DynaDot.

At least that's my opinion...

Pat Ampulla
Reply Quote
4/17/2012 10:51
Ok, this site is still ugly.  You would think with so many of us complaining about how damn ugly it is, you would have done something to fix it.  But no.  You apparently either like things that are ugly or you don't give a rat's ass about what your customers think.

Seriously, this design is awful, bad-looking, beastly, deformed, disfigured, foul, frightful, grisly, gross, grotesque, hard-featured, hideous, homely, horrid, ill-favored, loathsome, misshapen, monstrous, not much to look at, plain, repelling, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, unbeautiful, uncomely, uninviting, unlovely, unprepossessing, unseemly, unsightly

Please FIX
Reply Quote
4/19/2012 00:49
The opinion of a few people shouldn't matter, it should be the majority that matters.

The problem is that people have the tendency to speak out when they hate something but rarely praise when they like something. 30 people on a forum saying bad stuff about a design doesn't represent the complete customer base of Dynadot.

Dynadot can easily find a more accurate feedback on their design by implementing a 30 day poll where people can vote which design looked better, the old one or the new one (with one random voter getting a price to get more people to join the poll).

This is in my opinion a good way to find out what your customer really feel.
Reply Quote