Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
The new look is HIDEOUS -- please bring back the old template!
8/31/2011 11:45
When I first came to DynaDot today I thought the site had been hacked -- the new template looks THAT horrible.

The dark background is hard on the eyes, the other colors are awful and don't blend well at all.  It's incredibly distracting.

If you MUST keep this disgusting new look, please provide a link to go back to the old one for those of us with taste.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
8/31/2011 14:29
I wouldn't say it is "disgusting"...but I would say it is AWFUL. I have been referring people here for a long time, but I really dislike this look and it seems against what Dynadot stands for (I thought).
Reply Quote
8/31/2011 17:04
Absolutely agree. Previous design was light and clean.
A new one at least is seriously unfinished.

Here are some of my thoughts...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/dynadotnewlayoutfails1.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/dynadotnewlayoutfails2.png/
Reply Quote
Posted By jok3r
9/1/2011 06:14
pls get yourself a proper menu and logical structure. The website lacks basic user-ability. Awful work
Reply Quote
9/2/2011 07:09
Its hard to see the text and numbers in grey on the black backgorund. Could you fix at least that?
Reply Quote
9/2/2011 17:50
+1

Old site was plain vanilla but quite readable with no extraneous junk. Now all sorts of gradients, roundrects, meaningless icons and colors that do nothing for usability. I think it also dilutes the brand, as I chose Dynadot in the first place for its no-B.S. attitude, which the site used to reflect.

It would certainly be possible to redesign the site for better usability, but this isn't it. A redesign would involve changing the actual functionality, not just hitting it with a pretty/ugly stick.
Reply Quote
9/3/2011 05:35
Yeah, my domain registrar doesn't need to be Web 2.0 and colorful.

That's cool for user-generated content sites... but not cool for sites where the main purpose is to manage your business operations.  Notice how all CRM software, server management software, and registrars usually keep it clean and simple.  Clean and simple helps you get work done.
Reply Quote
9/3/2011 06:59
I like Dynadot a lot and qualify for super bulk pricing. While you can change your site any way you want, you have missed a chance to engage your customers and most other companies also do this. By not letting us help decide on changes to your site, you are keeping us "at arms length" by not even asking for suggestions and feedback on the redesign.

If you had taken a survey of your customers, you might have found that a site redesign doesn't make sense as implemented. I can suggest changes, but it would be what I saw here today. Dynadot is a "utility" site, not an "entertainment" site. While the public face needs to attractive and well designed, the inside UI needs to be clean, simple, and easy to use. Not to mention FAST!

The only complaint I had with your site was that the checkout process sometimes takes too many darned clicks to complete a transaction. But it was something I could easily live with since there is so much else that I like about Dynadot.

Anyway, if you treat your customers more like "partners" (limited partners or course...) you will make use feel like we are more important to you and that you care about what we think. You don't have to use all our ideas and I don't think anyone sane will expect that, but if you listen to us and consider what we say you may have other users as appreciative and as loyal as I am. :-)

Thank you,
Chris Nielsen
Reply Quote
9/3/2011 10:20
Chris,
Your comments were excellent...

I can't help but agree with the general consensus on this thread right now.  The design is terrible.  I've got subtotal windows hiding things that are in my cart (making me think it wasn't entered, etc.).

Please just return it back to the original design.  The new one is terrible...

Thank you!
-B
Reply Quote
9/4/2011 12:42
agree, new design very ugly
Reply Quote
9/7/2011 15:39
The new design is also INCOMPLETE, which makes it look even worse.

It seems that on some pages (e.g. order confirmation) the styles are incomplete, which makes some elements--notably the footer site nav and some letter spacing--just look plain buggy.

It looks like this design was rushed live before fully tested or finished.

Another vote for the old design--much more professional looking.  Even the old logo was better.

NOTE: The site is still infinitely more professional than G.D. (i.e. bimbos, blathering, and incessant upselling), so continued thanks to D.D. for great competitive service!
Reply Quote