Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
My view about Dynadot!
11/29/2008 14:12
I have been using dynadot since a year. It has good feature like simple interface, simple steps, easy to use, domain deletion and refund, cheap pricing, promo etc.

But one thing I dont like is "buy lock".

Can anybody explain what is the use of this buy lock?
What is the use of buying the domain when I can't control it?

I bought a couple of domain a month ago but they are all buy locked and i no longer can push this domain to my friend who has already paid for it. This is the worst part of it. I cant see any registrar with this feature of buy lock.

Thanks
Reply Quote
Posted By other
2/1/2009 10:20
The Buy Lock occurs when domains are sold on the Marketplace. Dynadot facilitates the transaction and therefore accepts the financial risks.
The difference between this and PUSH or PULL actions, is that money does not change hands. Maybe, you are using PayPal to buy or sell, but Dynadot is not affected.
Reply Quote
1/12/2010 11:27
What a catch!

I have the same issue with buy lock. I bought some domains fro Dynadot marketplace for resell and now stuck with "buy lock"

I will never purchase anything from Dynatot marketplace again
Reply Quote
1/15/2010 13:28
I agree with 'other'. A 30 day lock would be more reasonable.
Reply Quote
8/17/2015 06:51
I will never purchase anything from Dynatot marketplace too.
Reply Quote
10/8/2015 11:59
Back in the mid-1990s, when I bought my main biz domain infoprovider.com, someone actually tried to simply re-register it for themselves! My ISP at the time actually caught it and alerted me (since he got the tech email) else the registration would have gone through. I totally support Dynadot's excellent security measures to keep our domains safe. You have no idea what skulduggery people are capable of. I now own 60+ domains and Dynadot, although a few minor faults here and there, is still the best registrar I have found on the net. Financially inexpensive and technically simple and very extensive -- the perfect thing for a small business admin with my own server. I am able to do so much more, and deliver quality at a low price.

Yes flipping domains is not quite like flipping real estate. But I would check out whether you can still hold an auction, and just put the domain into escrow.com -- with criteria that upon the release of the Lock, the domain is the buyer's and you get your cash. Can this be done?
Reply Quote
10/18/2015 07:14
If you have any .uk domains, make sure they do not steal them when they are in the expiry period. You have right up until 11.59pm the day before they drop to renew them. But if dynadot get a bid they will steal the domain from your account so you cannot renew it. It's against their accreditation t&c's http://registrars.nominet.org.uk/registration-and-domain-management/registrar-agreement but they do it anyway.
Reply Quote