Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
My view about Dynadot!
11/29/2008 14:12
I have been using dynadot since a year. It has good feature like simple interface, simple steps, easy to use, domain deletion and refund, cheap pricing, promo etc.

But one thing I dont like is "buy lock".

Can anybody explain what is the use of this buy lock?
What is the use of buying the domain when I can't control it?

I bought a couple of domain a month ago but they are all buy locked and i no longer can push this domain to my friend who has already paid for it. This is the worst part of it. I cant see any registrar with this feature of buy lock.

Thanks
Reply Quote
11/30/2008 18:19
The only domain lock available is Transfer Lock.  It's a security feature that prevents somebody else from hijacking your domain.  To disable it when you're logged in, go to the Domain Info web page of the domain in question.  Scroll down to the Transfer Lock section.  Enter your birth date, check the No box after "Lock domain?", then click the Submit button.  The web page refreshes.  Scroll back down to the Transfer Lock section.  A transfer code number is listed that you can give to the person and/or registrar that the domain is being transferred to.
Reply Quote
11/30/2008 18:46
Hey,
I am talking about buy locked.. in which you cannot unlock your domain for 60 days.(even with entering birthdate).

buy lock and transfer lock are different.

this is the worst part of dynadot and I hate this feature.....
Reply Quote
12/1/2008 04:37
This affects all registrars, not just Dynadot.

Read this :
http://www.icann.org/transfers/dnholder-faq-03nov04.htm

The Inter-Registrar transfer Policy, applicable to all ICANN-accredited registrars, provides that registered name holders must be able to transfer their domain name registrations between registrars. You must wait 60 days after the initial registration or any previous transfers to initiate a transfer.
Reply Quote
12/2/2008 10:36
Stop replying if you donot know?

I know We have to wait 60 days for the transfer between registrars.!

But in the ICann policy there is not any rules, we have to wait 60 days for transfer inside a registrar.

There is not any registrar (ICANN accredited) than dynadot, which do not allow account push for 60 days!
Reply Quote
12/2/2008 13:40
The buy lock is a fraud prevention measure.  

It only prevents you from moving the domain to another account.  You are still able to set Name Servers, update WHOIS records and change DNS settings.
Reply Quote
12/2/2008 14:38
We own the domain and we are not allowed to administer it! What's the use then?

After 60 days, how can u sure that there will be no fraud.

Just my opinion!
Reply Quote
12/11/2008 13:40
For what it's worth I manage about 180 domains and had a bitter fight with another registrar (WildWestDomains, if I recall correctly).

When I got married I changed my registrant name accordingly.  That's an ICANN requirement.

For 60 days those clowns refused to allow me to administer all the domains in my account.  I was furious because this was a purely administrative change and not a change in owner.

Technically the regulation states that the "...Registrar may probibit for 60 days..." and not that the "...Registrar shall probibit for 60 days..."

All that said, I have to defend Dynadot as always having been reasonable and rational during the last three years -- even when I was cross-eyed pissed about something.

Pat Ampulla
Reply Quote
12/14/2008 21:01
The 60 day rule has been in place since day 0 of ICANN.

It is an outdated rule that Registrants never asked for, solely there to prevent domain slamming.

Imposing it within the Dynadot system for internal registrar transfers to "prevent fraud" seems a bit pointless, because the name MUST stay at Dynadot for 60 days no matter what, and if the is fraud within that time, then Dynadot has the power to act anyway.

Exactly what "fraud" can internal transfer prevention protect us from?
Reply Quote
Posted By other
1/31/2009 20:25
I agree with the posts above, the lock is unnecessary.
A 30 day lock would be more reasonable.
Dynadot staff please consider this issue seriously.
Reply Quote
2/1/2009 03:29
Hmm... I never heard of this, when does this happen because I have regged names one day and sold/pushed them the next to other accounts.  

Does this happen on the buyers end, like the guy I sold the name to couldnt sell/push  it to another account at DD for 60 Days?

Thanks,

Mike
Reply Quote