Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Dynadot = POOR customer service
5/2/2008 15:39
After spending $20,000 at Dynadot in the last few months, you would expect decent customer service.

Alas, that isn`t so.  We emailed Dynadot on Sunday night asking for the time of the daily backup to be moved.  The question of why Dynadot need to be down 10 minutes per day to do a daily backup is an unanswered question but not the question I am asking today.

The response, "We will forward this to Tech".  

Didn`t I read somewhere that all Dynadot contacts are directly tech ?  We have mailed you every day since Sunday night asking for an update and still we receive no response on what is a very simple change.

EDIT YOUR CRONTAB to start the daily backup other than the current time.  Its that simple.
Reply Quote
5/19/2008 01:27
I partly agreed with s_newcastle_gb and kam.

we don't want to see any response like "I do not know when ......., but it is on our feature request list."

I had wait for a long time. However, Dynadot still not support .in extension.
Reply Quote
5/19/2008 12:45
google dynadot customer service
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=dynadot+customer+service&btnG=Search

first result
"Forum Topic: Dynadot = POOR customer service - Dynadot LLC" this thread

subresult to the first one
"The Lost Art of Customer Service - Dynadot LLC"
www.dynadot.com/resource/article/qa.html?aid=7

if you dont like dynadot, switch, its that easy, even if youre paying, youre not paying more than you do on other sites, youre paying less, interface is less cluttered, better
if youre paying less it usually means they are making less, and not have the funds for what you want or as fast as you want, and theres more than enhancements to running a system like this, theres work done for your money just that you dont see it, if you ever owned a real and big server and admin it yourself, youd know
Reply Quote
5/20/2008 04:50
Since when a company is obligated to sell you a new product to satisfy you ?

I have a few hundred .com, net, org and a few .IN so I can understand if this extension is not interesting for them given the investment it take.

Beign at it I would preffer to see them support .ca than .in but this is a matter of taste ;)

For the backup, I did some daily drop catching a while back, I have never encountered a backup screen, but if they can move it somewhere at night I am sure it will be done.

Either way I have yet to encounter a company that answer as quickly as dynadot, so thumb up! and too bad you are not able to appreciate the difference!
Reply Quote
5/20/2008 17:36
yep thumbs up! :-)
Reply Quote
5/21/2008 01:39
Just putting in my 5 cents worth here.  I was previously a GoDaddy customer.

DynaDot has provided me with excellent service that meets my needs.  I don't get in-my-face advertisements, in-my-email advertisements, I don't have to send DynaDot $100 USD for them to make money off of (reading this Mr. Parsons?.. GoodAsGold my ass.) if I don't want to use my credit card.

I like Dynadot.  Never a problem.  Sounds like these DynaDot haters work for other companies.  I wouldn't let them bother you.

-> .in is not an "extension", it's a Top Level Domain (TLD).  Few registrars that I know of support .in, so that is "no" reason to be hating on DynaDot.  Why would I register an .in domain when i'm in north america?  

Anyways - thanks, DynaDot.  You have a customer for life :D
Reply Quote
5/21/2008 13:59
My sentiments exactly. I'm a little hesitant to say 'customer for life', but so far I'm quite pleased. Parsons uses Godaddy's site as a personal playground to display his taste in politics, bikes, and cheesy broads. That last article he did on whether to hire that hooker just killed it for me.
Reply Quote