Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Dynadot = POOR customer service
5/2/2008 15:39
After spending $20,000 at Dynadot in the last few months, you would expect decent customer service.

Alas, that isn`t so.  We emailed Dynadot on Sunday night asking for the time of the daily backup to be moved.  The question of why Dynadot need to be down 10 minutes per day to do a daily backup is an unanswered question but not the question I am asking today.

The response, "We will forward this to Tech".  

Didn`t I read somewhere that all Dynadot contacts are directly tech ?  We have mailed you every day since Sunday night asking for an update and still we receive no response on what is a very simple change.

EDIT YOUR CRONTAB to start the daily backup other than the current time.  Its that simple.
Reply Quote
5/7/2008 10:20
Dynadot has the best customer service and reply turn around of any registrar I've ever used and I've spent ALOT more than 20k on domains. I say this post is bunk. Perhaps they're still looking at your situation?
Reply Quote
5/7/2008 11:07
I work for an IT company in South Africa where we're used to daily power cuts, slow internet connections, extreme pricing, bad service, gross incompetence, and much more. To give you an example, the average price for a .com in South Africa (from leading companies) is about US$19. The average monthly cost for 1GB of broadband at 4MBPS is US$46. The complainant will NEVER survive here! That's exactly why we selected Dynadot after many weeks of research about the best service providers.

Dynadot answered my e-mails and questions quicker than I received answers from companies in South Africa (after posting the queries at the same time!). Dynadot has good prices, and in my opinion, 10 minutes daily for backups isn't at all bad! How about 90 minutes of waiting to grab two pieces from KFC, or waiting 120 minutes for a pizza? At least Dynadot isn't wasting time, they're protecting their customers' interests.

Keep going Dynadot, from a South African IT perspective, you're highly competitive and recommended, and from my perspective, you're the best of your kind.
Reply Quote
Posted By kam
5/7/2008 11:49
I partly agreed with s_newcastle_gb.

As a customer, we don't want to see any response like "we will add it to the new feature list" OR We will forward this to Tech, but no improvement.

That's why I suggest Dynadot should provide a timetables and let us know which items are Dynadot working on.

My post:
http://www.dynadot.com/resource/forums/f0-customer-feedback/we-need-a-timetable-instead-of-we-will-add-this-on-feature-request-list-2069.html

[This post has been edited by kam on May 7, 2008 11:50am.]
Reply Quote
5/7/2008 11:51
I love dyndot and their customer service .

They are very open to criticisim. They are ready to help. They are ready to listen.

I must say DYNADOT = BEST customer service

At the same time I agree with "kam" that Dynadot needs to be more professional.

[This post has been edited by p_n_lahore_pk on May 7, 2008 11:52am.]
Reply Quote
5/7/2008 14:59
im in the dynadot is great wagon :-) im a bit down on the fact no official answer was given to this though, and yes it seems a bit that dynadot isnt reinvesting profit but "it seems" might be further from the truth that we see
problem isnt 10 min for backups, is 10 minutes at the wrong time, when you can register dropped .info domains from what ive understood
Reply Quote
5/8/2008 02:37
The problem seems to be that the "daily backup" which lasts 10 minutes is during a ten minute slot when domains drop.

I agree that the backup time should be changed to out of working hours, rather than 10am GMT.
Reply Quote
5/15/2008 02:24
Any updates on this Dynadot ?!?
Reply Quote
5/16/2008 12:29
Could you give us suggestions on a time that would work better than the current backup time?  We received one request to have the backup time at 5.35-5.40 UTC (which is around 10pm PDT, I believe).
Reply Quote
5/16/2008 14:45
Dynadot's customer service is top-notch. As much as I hate paying the extra 75cents for domains here, I do it just because the customer service keeps me here (believe me, 75cents ADS UP!)
Reply Quote
5/17/2008 02:09
Yes 5.35-5.40 UTC is fine with me also.
Reply Quote