Need support for your Dynadot domains, websites, or one of our tools? Use our help article directory to find the resources you need or contact our support team to get further assistance.
What is a User Auction?
Great news, we have expanded our Marketplace and we now support User Auctions! With our new User Auctions feature, Dynadot users can list a domain for auction, and the highest bidder may then receive the domain in their Dynadot account.
If you want to bid on a User Auction domain:
- Auctions last for 7 days, and you can bid anytime during that period. If a bid is received in the last 5 minutes of an auction, the end time will be extended by 5 minutes. There is no limit to the number of times an auction may be extended before the auction's final "end time" is set.
- You may place a proxy bid for higher than the current minimum bid. If someone else places a bid, the system will automatically bid for you until your max proxy bid amount is reached.
- Once a domain has been listed for auction, the auction cannot be modified, but can be cancelled by the seller until a bid is placed.
- If you are the highest bidder when the auction ends, you have 3 calendar days to pay for the auction. Once you pay, the domain is moved into your Dynadot account.
- To bid on an auction, first create a Dynadot account if you do not have one. We require at least $5 account spending before you can participate in our User Auctions. You can prepay $5 into your account and use the account credit to pay for your first won auction, or any other purchase with us.
- Domains won in our User Auctions will be placed in "Buy Lock" status for 30 days.
NOTE: Domains purchased from a User Auction will not be renewed, and will retain their original expiry date.
If you want to list your domain for auction:
- We have a step-by-step guide on how to list your domain for auction.
- The auction will start immediately after you click the "Auction Domain" button. YOU CANNOT MODIFY THE AUCTION ONCE IT STARTS, but an auction can be cancelled until a bid is placed.
- Dynadot's auction commission is 10% of the final price. There is no listing fee at this time.
- All Dynadot User Auctions will last for 7 days.
- Once a domain has been listed in our User Auctions it cannot be unlocked, deleted, moved to another Dynadot account, or transferred to another registrar.
- It is not possible to auction a domain that expires in less than 15 days as the processing period will take 5-20 days.
- Auction proceeds are given in account credit. This credit can be used as payment for any future orders placed at Dynadot.
NOTE: Dynadot now supports Payouts.