Register Your .ONG Domain
Promote your brand as a non-governmental organization with a .ONG domain name. .ONG is the translated equivalent of .NGO in Romance languages - including French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and Romanian. With ONG being another popular acronym used for ONGs in certain parts of the world, registering your .ONG domain is a great opportunity to distinguish your organization online! With .ONG domain names only available to NGOs, getting your domain will help you stand out on the web.
Protect Your Brand with .ONG Domains
If you're a Non-Governmental Organization, but already have an established website, you should still consider registering your domain name on .ONG if your organization operates in or around the Romance languages. The Internet is changing, and with the addition of many new top-level domains (TLDs), registrants can still register TLDs that are specific to them and their business. Since .ONG is exclusive to NGOs, it provides your website with more credibility online. Anyone can register a .ORG, but only you can register a .ONG domain name. Once registered, you'll be automatically entered into OnGood, the exclusive NGO directory, which includes a customizable online profile which will help you find and share information with other NGOs and promote your organization to potential donors and partners. Register your .ONG domain and join the online community today!
International .ONG Domains
Increase your reach with an internationalized domain name (IDN)! .ONG support Spanish and German IDNs. Use our IDN search to find and register the right international .ONG domain name now!
.NGO & .ONG Domain Restrictions
The Public Interest Registry (PIR) has worked closely with the global NGO community to develop a validation process for .NGO and .ONG registration. The following seven criteria are used to define an NGO for the purpose of validation:
- Focused on acting in the public interest: Whether in support of education or health, the environment or human rights, members of the community work for the good of humankind and/or the preservation of the planet and do not promote discrimination or bigotry.
- Non-profit making/non-profit-focused entities: While many NGOs and ONGs engage in commercial activities or generate revenue in support of their missions, members of the community do not recognize profits or retain earnings.
- *Limited government influence: Recognizing that many NGO and ONG organisations have important interactions with government, not least for reasons of funding (which may include receipt of some government funding in support of their programs,) members of the community decide their own policies, direct their own activities and are independent of direct government or political control.
- *Independent actors: Members of the community should not be political parties nor should be a part of any government. Participation in the work of a NGO/ONG is voluntary.
- Active Organisations: Members of the community are actively pursuing their missions on a regular basis.
- Structured: Members of the community, whether large or small, operate in a structured manner (e.g., under bylaws, codes of conduct, organizational standards, or other governance structures.)
- Lawful: Members of the .NGO and .ONG community act with integrity within the bounds of law.
Please note that "members of the community" above refers to members of the .NGO and .ONG community. NGOs and ONGs participating as members in this community must certify that they adhere to the above Eligibility Criteria.
*PIR has determined that organizations formed under the laws of the People's Republic of China (or any territory thereof) do not meet the criteria "Limited Government Influence" and "Independent Actors." Accordingly, prospective registrants from China and its territories should not register .NGO and .ONG domains as they will not meet PIR's Eligibility Requirements. In the event PIR discovers that a .NGO and .ONG domain is registered by an organization organized under the laws of the People's Republic of China (or any territory thereof), PIR will delete the registration for failing to meet our Eligibility Requirements.
|Renewal Grace Period||40 Days|
|Deletion Grace Period||0 Days|
|Restore Period||30 Days|
|IDN Supported||Yes, See Languages|
|Restrictions||Must be valid ONG|
|Registry||Public Interest Registry|
|Registration Price (1 year)||$19.99|
|Renewal Price (1 year)||$19.99|