Register Your .CN Domain
The .CN domain is the most popular country code top-level domain (ccTLD) in the world. It has over 20 million .CN registrations and is very popular in its home country of China. Establish your online presence in the world's most populous country with a .CN domain and reach over 1.3 billion people, which is approximately 20% of the world's population!
Starting your .CN website will give you credibility in China, where .CN domains are widely used. It is a must for anyone trying to enter the Chinese market. When you buy .CN, you're letting locals know you have a presence in China. .CN domains are no longer limited to Chinese residents, anyone can buy .CN, so what are you waiting for?
Protect Your Brand with a .CN Domain
As we already mentioned, for businesses planning to enter the Chinese market, a .CN domain is a must. Even if you're not planning to build out your .CN website now, we recommend buying your .CN domain name to protect your brand. If you don't register it someone else might and it is much more difficult and expensive to get a domain once it is owned. If you aren't planning to build out a .CN website, you can simply redirect traffic back to your main website with our free domain forwarding.
If your main website is your .CN website, we recommend buying common misspellings of your domain name to catch that traffic and redirect it back to your main website. You should also consider buying your domain name on other top-level domains (TLDs) that make sense for your website. For example, China also has a Chinese language country code domain (ccTLD), .中国, that you may want also want to register.
International .CN Domains
.CN supports internationalized domain names (IDNs) in Chinese! Use our IDN search to find and register the right Chinese .CN domain name now!
Please be aware that you can't buy both a traditional Chinese and a simplified Chinese domain if you are buying an international .CN domain.
.CN Domain Restrictions
The .CN central registry, CNNIC, no longer requires documentation with .CN registration. However, if you want to set name servers for your .CN domain, you will need to submit the following documentation:
- Fill out the TLD settings for .CN domains in your Dynadot account.
- When you place your .CN domain order, you will receive an email that has information about submitting either a photo ID for individuals or a business license for businesses.
- We submit your photo ID or business license to CNNIC for audit.
- If it passes audit, you will be able to set the name servers for your .CN domain.
- Once you have passed audit, you will not have to go through the process again as long as you keep the same default contact record.
Registrants shall make the commitment in the .CN domain name registration agreement:
- To comply with laws and regulations related to the Internet networks;
- To comply with the Procedures and other relevant regulations of competent authorities;
- To comply with these Rules and other regulations as the domain name dispute resolution policy;
- To ensure the authenticity, accuracy and integrity of the registration information submitted.
About China, the Home of .CN
.CN is the country code (ccTLD) of the People's Republic of China. China is located in East Asia and is the world's second largest country by land area as well as the world's most populous country. It currently has the world's fastest growing economy. As of 2012, its economy is the world's second largest with a nominal GDP of $7.3 trillion.
|Renewal Grace Period||38 Days|
|Deletion Grace Period||5 Days|
|Restore Period||15 Days|
|IDN Supported||Yes, See Languages|
|Registry||China Internet Network Information Center|
|Registration Price (1 year)||$5.99|
|Renewal Price (1 year)||$5.99|