Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Update DNS records
6/30/2021 10:33
I'd like a way to update a single record through the API, without needing to send my entire zone with every request. This is quite an important feature for multiple reasons, security being one of these.

First, I don't want to send my entire zone as it means it's easier for my entire set of records to be compromised rather than just a single record. Second, this makes a heavy assumption that I'm doing all my record processing via the API on a single device. This is not the case for me, therefore there's no possible way for me to send the entire zone as my device does not have the zone information.

From various forum posts here, I can see that this feature has been requested since at least 2013 without result so I'm struggling to justify my use of Dynadot if I can't manage my domain as needed for my business.
Reply Quote