Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Some registrars faster than others?
6/7/2011 13:19
Oftentimes while my Dynadot-API-domain-name-registering-script has been running for 10ish minutes, and returning "Not Available", I like to check the WhoIs function of another registrar.  While doing just that during the drop recently, I was surprised to find that the domain was available through the other registrar while my DynaDot script was firing away, returning Not Available for another 10 minutes til it completed, unsuccessful. Questions abound...
Is my code bad?  Always a possibility, but it's fast and is returning what Dynadot API documentation tells me it should return (other than success, of course).
Do some registrars have access to domains before others? Don't know, hoping one of you can learn me.
Any and all thoughts are appreciated.
Additional info: This was a .biz tld, and my script starts running at 10:59 AM PST.
Many Thanks.

[This post has been edited by 5ivehead on Jun 7, 2011 1:20pm.]
Reply Quote
6/15/2011 17:14
No,  Registrars have equal access though it is possible that  .biz clears their whois database before releasing the names.
Reply Quote
6/17/2011 11:01
Appreciate the reply.
Reply Quote