Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
set_dns2: problem adding subdomain and keeping main tld domain C-record
11/11/2023 12:08
I know I have to add all the original main and subdomains to the parameters for "set_dns2" when I add a new subdomain - otherwise I am only setting the subdomain and lose the settings for all other domains. Unfortunately when I read teh current dns settings using "get_dns" is not in the same format as that needed by "set_dns2 - so while I am able to add all the current subdomains, I am losing the main domain.

An example fo the command I am using is:

https://api.dynadot.com/api3.json?key=xxxx&command=set_dns2&sub_record_type2=cname&main_record_type=cname&subdomain0=people&sub_record2=123.cname.eu.loclx.io&sub_record_type1=cname&main_record=987.cname.eu.loclx.io&sub_record_type0=cname&sub_record0=123.cname.eu.loclx.io&subdomain2=place&subdomain1=project&sub_record1=123.cname.eu.loclx.io&domain=astralship.wiki

The main_record does not get set - what is the right syntax?
Reply Quote
11/12/2023 05:02
Fixed the issue: the "main record" params such as "main_record_type" should be "main_record_type0" - that is followed by some integer.
Reply Quote