Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
im new member , i have some Q about the api
12/10/2009 01:33
hi

i have few Questions about the api ,

now when i prepay my account by $ 500 for the api, after finished this step , can i take at least one domain each day from deleting & pending list ??

i want to know when i pay $ 500 for the api , what is the advantages that i will gain ???

thanks

[This post has been edited by o_manama_bh on Dec 10, 2009 1:34am.]
Reply Quote
12/10/2009 08:29
The Api just allows you faster reaction times when you register a domain from the pending delete list when it drops.  If the domain is of anything other than marginal value you will still lose as the bigger players Namejet and Snapnames will beat you too it.
Reply Quote
12/10/2009 17:50
thanks for the reply ,

but does the api guranteed to got a llll.com for example ?

as well it can use for more than 5 domain names at one day ?
Reply Quote
12/14/2009 18:04
No, use of the API doesn't guarantee any particular domain registration will be successful.  

Using the API simply makes search and registrations quicker.  It will increase your chances of getting a domain name, but it doesn't guarantee anything.  

You can register as many domains as you want, assuming you have the funds in your account balance to pay for the domains.
Reply Quote
12/15/2009 06:04
Nope, as I say, anything of marginal interest will be acquired by Snapnames or Namejet.   Dynadot`s API cannot and will not be able to compete with the direct pool connections and affiliate registrar`s pool connections of Snapnames and Namejet.

Now if the domain does not have marginal value and sentimental value to you, then Dynadot`s API WILL beat someone wanting to hand register the domain.
Reply Quote
12/15/2009 06:26
thanks for reply

but why dynadot api is ineffective for gathering LLLL.com ??

as well , how much will be the registering fees for new domain name register by using api ,

more than $ 9.25 ?? or less
Reply Quote
12/15/2009 06:36
API is ineffective for LLLL.com

http://www.dynadot.com/company/prices_bulk.html shows the prices you will pay. There is no extra fee for using the API.
Reply Quote
Posted By kate
12/28/2009 02:36
API scripts cannot compete against hordes of dropcatching registrars  that have direct connections to the registries.
At the best it helps beat the handreggers but that's it.

[This post has been edited by kate on Dec 28, 2009 2:37am.]
Reply Quote