Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Frequently Get Server Busy
3/31/2011 06:49
We frequently get a Server Busy message when trying to register new domain names. Yesterday we tried several times in the afternoon with hours between each try with no success and same thing when we came in this morning. I manually registered the domain name so our client didn't have to wait any longer but the errors occur so frequently that we lose a lot of time retrying. Is there anything that can be done to increase the availability of your servers?
Reply Quote
3/31/2011 16:33
Hello,

Our engineers will look into the issue and see if there is anything we can do to alleviate this issue.

Best Regards,

Dynadot Staff
Reply Quote
4/5/2011 11:49
I get this "ok, system_busy" all the time since three days,
today api was working only for a few minutes

[This post has been edited by d_l_sheffield_gb on Apr 5, 2011 11:50am.]
Reply Quote
4/7/2011 10:56
Unfortunately we're still getting the same errors. It makes the API almost useless.
Reply Quote
4/11/2011 11:05
I get the same error: I get "system busy" for 60% of my queries.

Could you please have a look?
Reply Quote
6/3/2011 12:26
We recently hit Bulk status and have been testing the API. If all went well, the plan was to transfer domains over and make Dynadot our registrar of choice. However, we're getting the "system_busy" for 50%+ of our queries as well...until the domain name is gone, that is. Once it's gone, the "system_busy" error drops to about 10ish%.

Thanks for looking into this.
Reply Quote
Posted By taxue
6/3/2011 23:23
I have the same problem with it.
Please Dynadot.com enginer help to fix it, thanks.
Reply Quote
6/6/2011 11:52
As we have a limited number of connections, a server busy message can happen if there are too many searches going on.  As we get more and more bulk customers, this will happen more often.  

We are currently working on getting more connections, but unfortunately it's not a simple process.  We will do our best to make this happen.

Also, there are certain periods of the day where central registries drop domains, such as the 11-12 window for COM/NET  During these periods, the number of searches will increase.
Reply Quote
12/8/2011 18:45
Problem is back. Now worst then ever.
Reply Quote
1/22/2012 12:14
So you have a problem with the API being slow yet you open it up for all the customers?  BS
Reply Quote