Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Do you disable Search during drop time?
Posted By sameh
9/18/2012 04:10
Hi,

Do you disable the command Search during .com & .net drop time?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
9/19/2012 16:41
No, we do not.
Reply Quote
Posted By sameh
9/23/2012 01:12
OK. why then for 5 days in a row when I try to use the Search command I get this error exactly starting at 6:00 PM GMT to 7:00 PM GMT?

error,unexpected registry error

Again, this is not for one day but five. I just need a confirmation from you that you actually block/disable the Search command during COM/NET drop time.

Thanks.

[This post has been edited by s_a_mansoura_eg on Sep 23, 2012 1:13am.]
Reply Quote
9/23/2012 16:09
No, we certainly do not disable search during these times.  Sometimes, the Central Registry is busy and we are unable to connect.  This happens occasionally at even non-drop times.  I am surprised to hear the error has appeared so constantly though. I will definitely ask our engineers to investigate when they return to the office tomorrow.  We'll post a reply here once we have more information.
Reply Quote
Posted By sameh
10/4/2012 23:52
Hi,

Any update on this?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
10/8/2012 09:50
Not yet.  We haven't been able to replicate the error.  I can say, that we have interest in blocking our search function during drop times.  It really would not benefit us.

Have any other Dynadot users experienced this error?
Reply Quote
10/9/2012 16:53
We still haven't seen anything like what you've described but, we do use all of our available Registry connections during drop times.  If a connection drops and we try to reconnect, sometimes that can be problematic because the Registry will think we're still at our max number of connections and are trying to open another. I'm not sure if that's the case here, but the connection issue does probably happen more often during drop times.
Reply Quote