Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
API rate limits
Posted By jackie
4/24/2013 00:23
I was browsing the forum. You staff responded in this thread (http://www.dynadot.com/community/forums/f/api-limit-questions-4753.html) that there was a rate limit o f 10 requests per 100 second for one domain. But in a newer post at https://www.dynadot.com/community/forums/f9-api/search-limit-for-domains-7691.html, your answer was there was no rate limit.

So which answer is correct? Did you remove the rate limit for making API calls in 2012?

If there is any rate limit, it's applied to one API key or one IP address?
Reply Quote
4/28/2013 17:19
The only limit currently in place for our API is that you wait for your request to complete before sending the next.    :)
Reply QuoteHide Replies
dust replied teamdynadot :5/13/2019 16:27
Is this policy still true in 2019?  Thanks!
Reply Quote
teamdynadot replied dust :5/15/2019 02:53
Yes, it is.
Reply Quote
v_t_chittorgarh_in replied teamdynadot :9/5/2020 12:33
teamdynadot says: Yes, it is.

still same policy ?
Reply Quote
Posted By ajt
5/20/2019 05:19
Hi, I've been testing a script using the API and my account has been banned for 10 minutes for abuse, but I am only sending a request 1 second after the last response. Is there definitely no limit to the amount of requests you can send? Thanks
Reply QuoteHide Replies
dust replied ajt :5/20/2019 11:30
I suspect I know what happened.  

I bet you ran your script, made some change, then hit Control-C or otherwise killed your script, and ran it again.  While killing the script ended processing on your end, the dynadot server was still working on the previous request.  So running it again then created a 2nd request at the same time thus the ban.

During peak times it seems like dynadot API times out server side at 10 seconds then returns an error to client.  So if you cancel a script, wait 11 seconds before running it again.

Reply Quote
ajt replied dust :5/21/2019 03:35
Thanks for the advice. That could very well be it, I was refreshing the script quite a bit during testing but I've had the script running for a while now that I've finished writing it and it seems OK
Reply Quote