Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Account banned?
Posted By jiri
5/15/2008 07:25
Hello,

I just try to implement API search command to new website but see it is not so useful :( I got message that another request from my account is going and now "error,account banned for 10 minutes due to abuse".

I think it is normal situation 2 customers want to check domains at the same time. Also one of them checks same domain twice. Now they must wait 10 minutes. It is not too friendly. How to solve it?

Excuse my English and thanks for help, J.
Reply Quote
5/15/2008 09:58
The reason you got that message was likely do to multiple requests being sent at the same time.  If multiple requests are sent at the same time, your account will be temporarily banned.  

When using our API, remember to wait for a response before sending another request.
Reply Quote
Posted By jiri
5/16/2008 19:43
Yes but website can have more then one visitor at the same time or somebody clicks twice. And this is problem. Is it really not possible to accept small number of multiple requests? 5 ? Thanks.
Reply Quote
5/19/2008 18:16
Your account won't be banned if two people from different IP addresses are searching for the same domain name at the same time.  

Your account will only be banned if you submit more than one request at the same time.
Reply Quote
5/19/2008 23:07
I understand what the user is questioning.

He is stating that since the internet is an on demand interface, each instance of the api manager is called asynchronous and he has little control if one thread calls without the other.

His best solution would probably to wrap the API in an queue manager or use lock files to tell other spawned processes to wait until the lock or queue is replied.

To prevent the browser from timing out, you could either do page refreshes (either actually or via aja xml call's) or just pass a buffer flush command to the browser in an while loop.  I recommend the background aja/x call's and they would prevent long process time's on your server and allow you do have an database based queue manager.
Reply Quote
Posted By jiri
5/21/2008 13:17
When two people are searching through my web using Dynadot API at this time are connecting by my one IP adress of my server. Can I use more then one IP for Dynadot API? ;)

hosteady: Thanks for tips. I must do something. But I still think everything is more complicated then optimize API by Dynadot ...
Reply Quote
6/15/2008 15:19
This is a very important issue.

Dynadot should do like enom API does.

It simple does not reply for request at the same time and if that continues, it stops responding for a while.

However, you can program your script to detect those standart replies and also the temp bans last for an exact known period of time.

But that has, of course, nothing to do with your account being banned.
Reply Quote
8/9/2008 21:34
Hello,

Is it possible for Dynadot to change their policy on the API to limit requests to around 10 queries a second and drop all remaining requests in the second.

This would be beneficial for everyone using the API as it does not ban us but simply ignores all requests over 10/second.

After all the good API reviews on NamePros.com and DNForum.com, I am pretty disappointed after depositting $500 to use the API and keep getting banned 10 minutes for multiple requests. When even 1 second is crucial in catching a domain.

I hope you guys will reply asap,

Thanks!

[This post has been edited by a_c_toronto_ca on Aug 10, 2008 12:14pm.]
Reply Quote