Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Why .info so expensive?
1/2/2009 03:37
Hi,
Why are .info's so expensive here at Dynadot?
I mean, godaddy can give them for 1.20$ so normally you should too...

Same with .com... 9.25$ is pretty much for a .com, I can buy it at much cheaper rates... I just stay here as this site is much nicer...
But really... Dynadot must change their prices to gain more success and become better than the well known registrars (godaddy & 1and1 & namecheap)

So please staff, change it :D
Reply Quote
1/2/2009 04:32
you cant have everything can you? :-)
Reply Quote
1/2/2009 06:52
I have a no.. maybe I can get a yes from Dynadot :D

Greets
Reply Quote
1/6/2009 16:50
We are unable to change our prices at this time, sorry.  

If the Central Registries lower their prices or offer another sale in the future, we will pass those savings on to our customers.
Reply Quote
1/8/2009 11:44
Well I understand you can't go lower because you can't pay such a bulk prices to those central registration companies like Godaddy can...
But this is how Godaddy became so popular...

They gave .info's very cheap so they even lost money with it...
Because of that, more and more people used Godaddy and now they can higher their prices because they have a big userbase and now they're earning a lot so...
Reply Quote
1/8/2009 13:32
At godaddy when you purchased an hosting plan, you can buy .com domain names at 2.99$  unlimited

Will we have a price like this?

[This post has been edited by domainguy007 on Jan 8, 2009 1:32pm.]
Reply Quote
1/8/2009 13:45
Why dont you start your own reselling or registrar and start doing your business with your opinions?

A company cannot be compared with other company?

Godaddy is offering .info for cheap because they are in big profit now and they want more and more customers to sign up with them.
Every company distribute some fraction of profit by offering  discounts.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
1/8/2009 14:37
what i really meant above is that i like this clutter-free interface, and that im willing to pay a bit more for that, understanding that that interface works somewhat against the profits of dynadot as a company
i cant have everything, im just choosing the simple interface..
choose godaddy if you like cheaper prices, weird support people and hidden fees :-)
Reply Quote
1/8/2009 17:57
domainguy007:

I believe adding more "package deals" is one of the things we hope to add before the year is finished.
Reply Quote
1/10/2009 03:47
Alright than.. well that's what I'm doing, buying .info's at GD and others at Dynadot...

Thanks for the comments though ;)

Greetz
Reply Quote
Posted By kate
1/10/2009 15:55
Dynadot has bulk pricing available for volume customers.
You can find cheaper registrars but they are not always reliable. Dynadot has good support when you need it.
Godaddy is full of gotchas and there are plenty of good reasons NOT to use them. I'm not even sure they are profitable yet.
Anyway, keep in mind that the first year for .info is teaser rate. When renewal comes dues the fee is significantly higher.
Reply Quote