Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
What If I want To Move
11/13/2006 19:42
Hi,

What if I want to move a domain to here that I only bought a few weeks ago with another register would that be a problem?

If not how would I go about that?
Could they refuse to let me move to here?

Any truth when people say a domain cannot be moved for 60 days??
Reply Quote
11/14/2006 11:56
A newly registered domain cannot be transferred to another registrar within its initial 60 days.  This is a rule stated by ICANN and is enforced by the central registries.  We are merely following the rules as an ICANN-accredited domain registrar, and all other registrars have to follow this rule as well.

If you do want to transfer a domain to another registrar (provided it is over 60 days old) then you can do so by submitting a transfer order/request at the _receiving_ registrar's website.  Our FAQ contains answers to questions that customers tend to ask us about domain transfers:

FAQ: Domain Transfers
http://www.dynadot.com/help/section.html?category_id=9

For the most part, most TLDs follow these rules though there are a few exceptions.  .WS domains, for example, cannot be transferred to other registrars because the .WS central registry does not support domain transfers at all.  .CO.UK and .EU domains have their own domain transfer rules.
Reply Quote