Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
unable to add DNS records - and confusing forms
7/18/2007 23:48
My goal is to add an A record to my domain, which is being served by DD's DNS servers.  But the form doesn't seem to work.

I visit the Domains/Domain Names page (/account/domain/name/server.html), and it says:

arg0.net is using
Dynadot DNS *           You can set your DNS settings(A records, MX records, CNAME records, and TXT record).

Great.  So I scroll way down to the bottom of the page (shouldn't these forms be a little clearer - I skip over lots of options I don't care about), and I find a form with my existing DNS entries.  I add a new record and click the button labled "Use Dynadot DNS", and the page reloads but the form does not contain the new data.  And there is no indication that anything happened, except the page reload.

Back on the toolbar, I click on the "Name Servers" button and it says:

Domain Name Servers
Here are all the name servers in your account.

.. followed by a list of nameserver which are not correct.  They are not Dynadot servers, and not what I see if I do "dig ns arg0.net".  What gives - the other page assures me that I'm using Dynadot servers..

How do I add a new Address record to Dynadot DNS servers??
Reply Quote
Posted By hekler
7/19/2007 01:37
What's the domain name?
Reply Quote
7/19/2007 07:48
I included it above:  "arg0.net"
Reply Quote
7/19/2007 07:52
This morning the form works again - at least this time the new address record remained in the form after being submitted.

Thanks, whoever fixed it.
Reply Quote