Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Setting up my own mail forwarding
Posted By sbox
7/22/2014 05:51
I have several domains with dynadot all using dynadot's name servers and email forwarding to forward from certain emails to my gmail address. I recently purchased a domain name from an international registrar (.tt) which does not offer this feature so I was wondering how it works so I could set up something similar on my own server. Most support I find about email forwarding to gmail involves setting up a smarthost which requires setting up certificates and having the server login to gmail using my credentials. I know this isn't the case with dynadot's email forwarding as I never had to give it my gmail credentials.
Reply Quote
7/22/2014 09:43
You would need to set up a mail server, for example, qmail is a good one. You could then set the MX records for the domain to point to the qmail server. Once you do that, you can set up email forwarding in qmail.
Reply Quote
Posted By sbox
7/23/2014 06:08
Thanks. That makes sense.
Reply Quote
7/23/2014 12:49
Happy to help!
Reply Quote