Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Setting an A record for a domain's mail server
3/10/2021 07:12
I'm trying to set DNS records for some domains based on an IP address. Setting an A record for the website is no problem.

But this page --

https://www.name.com/support/articles/115004729247-Adding-an-MX-Record

-- says that to set an MX record pointing to mail.mydomain.com, you first need to create an A record pointing mail.mydomain.com to the IP address.

That would require an extra field that Dynadot's system doesn't have, so how do I do that at Dynadot?
Reply Quote
3/24/2021 11:55
Hello,
I’m sorry for any confusion. Our system allows for 50 DNS records per domain. You certainly can add any A record for your email if you host providers advises you to do so. To proceed please
-       go to your DNS settings.
-       In the subdomain section, enter ‘mail’ (or your subdomain)
-       select A record
-       enter the IP address your host provider gave you.
For the MX record we advise that you point it to the host server name that your host provides.
Please be sure after you have clicked save to allow time for the domain to propagate. Domain propagation can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 48 hours.
Should you continue to have any issues, please feel free to reach out to our chat support or [email protected].
Reply Quote