Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Redirect bare domain to www subdomain
7/23/2018 18:03
I have a site hosted through Google Sites and want to have a domain that was just purchased redirect to it. Subdomains are working fine using CNAME subdomain records, but I would like the bare domain to redirect to the www subdomain, which goes to the google site. Instructions from Google are to set up 4 A records going to 4 of their IP addresses, which I did under Domain Record, but entering the bare domain into the browser gives a Google 404 page. This was done Friday night so it should have had plenty of time for the DNS to propagate. There were some suggestions I found that said to use @ as a subdomain, but it looks like Dynadot does not support that syntax.
Reply Quote
5/31/2019 11:39
In our system, the @ means that the record you're trying to add should be done as a domain record, not a subdomain record.

In order for your bare domain to forward to the CNAME you've set up, you'll want to set a Forward domain record which includes your bare domain, while leaving the CNAME as subdomain record. That way, whenever your bare domain is entered, it will be forwarded to the CNAME.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
thewagneragency replied teamdynadot :6/5/2020 22:04
I am also facing same problem. Can you please explain this step by step. What do you mean by " leaving the CNAME as subdomain record." ?
Reply Quote
teamdynadot replied thewagneragency :7/3/2020 02:51
We are sorry for the delay. I can see your domains are now forwarded to another site directly. Please contact our live chat support for further assistance, which you can get quick response.
Reply Quote