Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Problem with domain name ns
11/18/2006 11:13
Hello,

I've buy a new dns with my account, but when i try to add the 2nd nameserver, it return me an error as nameserver does not exist.

But i already use this name for another dns on dynadot :s

the domain is fx-kent.com
& the nameserver is ns1104.imingo.net

il function with vilasco.org
Reply Quote
Posted By kate
11/19/2006 08:37
Hi,

Name server seems to be OK. But is it responding for these domains ?

PS: I have lived near the ponds of Ixelles for some time o:)
Reply Quote
11/20/2006 03:51
no when i try to add it, i still said me :

* One of the name servers you submitted does not exist; please check the spelling and try again

But its exactly the same as previous :s
& i always use this to ns server for all my dns.

sorry for my poor english but what is the "pond" ?
Reply Quote
Posted By kate
11/20/2006 13:46
Hmm that's strange. Hopefully Dynadot staff will read this and check on their end.
Is there an alternate name server you could use like ns1.imingo.net ? This one seems to be accepted.

> sorry for my poor english but what is the "pond" ?

The lakes if you prefer o:)
Reply Quote
11/20/2006 17:37
The name server you are using is ns1104.imingo.net. We checked the server, and it is not a COM/NET registered name server. It is a child name server of ns1.imingo.net.

It works for vilasco.org because the central registry for ORG does not care that the server ns1104.imingo.net is not a COM/NET registered name server. DNS is able to find the IP address for vilasco.org through DNS delegation.

For the details of how this DNS delagation is working:
http://www.dynadot.com/domain/ip.html?domain=vilasco.org&details=1

It does not work for fx-kent.com because the central registry for COM/NET knows that ns1104.imingo.net is not actually registered. (The COM/NET central registry is also in charge of all COM/NET registered name servers).

The COM/NET registry requires all COM/NET name servers used with a domain to be registered with them.

The solution is to register ns1104.imingo.net with the COM/NET registry. The owner of the domain imingo.net would have to do that. Or to use another name server for fx-kent.com.
Reply Quote
11/23/2006 05:33
Thanks for your replies.

I understand know !

For kate : i'm leaving just beside of the lake /:)
Reply Quote