Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Possible to have both MX-records and stealth forwarding?
1/1/2017 11:19
Is it possible to have both MX-record and stealth forwarding?

I expected both to work independently: I wanted to use MX-records to have [email protected] hosted by Zoho.com mail and mydomain.com stealth-forwarded to mywebsite.provider.com.

I got both of them working, but not at the same time. It seems MX-records deactivates stealth-forwarding and activates DNS forwarding which results in users seeing in their browser address bar mywebsite.provider.com instead of mydomain.com.
Reply Quote
1/27/2017 09:14
I'm dealing with a similar situation.  My web developer has given me an IP address and told me to enter the info as a "A" record in the DNS settings rather than using the forwarding feature.  That way when people go to "www.domain.com" it will bring up the web site instead.

But I've been unable to get it to work (we have other "A" and MX record entries for our email provider).  If I use the "Forwarding" tab instead it works fine.  From what I can tell, you can only have one of the "tabs" (Name Servers, Parking, Forwarding, etc.) enabled at a time, and whichever is in use will appear with an asterisk on it to show which one is in effect.

Am working through the "A" record entry issue with DynaDot support and my web developer as either I'm doing something wrong or the web developer doesn't have something set up correctly.
Reply Quote
2/13/2017 14:40
You should be able to use both services at once. Have you tried adding the MX record on our "Email Forwarding" tab?

https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/MX-on-email-forwarding-page

@j_a_newark_us_1 is absolutely correct about the asterisks. They do indicate an active settings, and some settings cannot be used in conjunction with each other. Stealth Forwarding and Email Forwarding, however, both use our name servers and are compatible with each other.
Reply Quote