Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Please enter at least one A/AAAA/CNAME/Forwarding record
Posted By owl
11/29/2016 11:58
Can someone explain why I keep getting this error message when trying to configure DNS?

"Please enter at least one A/AAAA/CNAME/Forwarding record"

It is quite annoying. I checked my domains and they all have A records with IP addresses. All I want to do is a set a TXT record. The system should allow you to set TXT record or other DNS records without having to set an A record.

I've only had this issue with Dynadot. All other registrars I've used make setting DNS and changin DNS records easy.

What do I do to set the TXT record and change DNS? I have to add an A record with an IP? Will Dynadot consider changing the user interface for this?
Reply Quote
3/20/2018 13:29
You should only receive that error if you don't have a main record type set for your root domain. An A record is not required, you can choose to set up a CNAME or forward as the main record type. Once you have a main record set for the root domain, you can add the TXT record.

If you don't have anywhere to point your domain, users just choose the forward option. For instance, dynadot.com is the root domain, and we can set it to forward to http:///www.dynadot.com, then set the TXT record.
Reply Quote