Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
MX records
12/8/2006 16:02
Im going to use google as a mailing system for my site. I read how to use them for different hosts, but everyone is different. Could someone tell me how to set it up for google? Thx!
Reply Quote
12/9/2006 08:30
When am I going to get help? I keep getting errors and it isn't working.
Reply Quote
12/10/2006 10:34
I may be able to help, but I am not sure what you are asking. Could you clarify, please? What do you mean by using Google for your mail system?
Reply Quote
12/10/2006 13:08
http://www.google.com/a/

Check it out there. You can use Gmail for your mailing system. Right now my host sucks and their mailing system isn't working, so I need to use this.
Reply Quote
12/10/2006 23:19
Sorry, don't know how to set up Google email. But it looks like some of our other customers have provided some help already.
Reply Quote
12/11/2006 12:47
Anyone think they can help me? Please.
Reply Quote
12/11/2006 13:38
I was not aware Google offered this service. I may try it myself.

I have not been able to try this out myself, but I from what I understand, here is how it is done:

(assuming you use Dynadot for your DNS)

Log in to Dynadot, select your domain, and click on Select Domain Servers. Under Dynadot DNS, you will see Email Servers / MX Records. Set these to the following:

aspmx.l.google.com        0
alt1.aspmx.l.google.com   1
alt2.aspmx.l.google.com   1

Hope this helps!
Reply Quote
12/11/2006 15:15
Got it fixed thanks!

The problem was the Distance numbers were incorrect. Most hosts use the 1, 5, 5, 10 and so on. I tried the 0, 1, 1 and it worked. The only problem after that was the first one needed an IP. I looked it up and found it. Everything is now setup. I now have to see if configures properly.
Reply Quote
11/17/2018 08:07
I am using hostgator, I am looking for the correct distance setting as well. Anyone know? Hosgator support was of no help when it came to this setting.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
g_p_sutton_us replied g_p_sutton_us :11/17/2018 08:11
I did a googles search on this, the answer it here; https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/set-MX-records
Reply Quote