Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Help! Domains didn't delete within gace period!
10/22/2007 14:22
I am posting this in several forums because I am not sure which one is more appropriate and because this is too severe a problem for me and I would like it resolved as soon as possible.  Feel free to delete it from the other forums when it is answered in one of them

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have what could possibly by a very serious problem here.

Yesterday I deleted a large amount of domains within the grace period and almost all of them received some kind of problem and the delete did not go through.  I kept trying and trying but I kept getting a "Status: Problem" on most of the domains.

To make matters worse, the few domains that did delete have not credited my account yet.

The two order numbers are 200643 and 200606.

Since your phone support was closed yesterday(sunday), the best I could do was to use your support email address and request help.  I have still not received an answer yet.  

Today I got ahold of your customer support line and I was told that the deletes did not go because of some kind of technical difficulty on your end.  She also told me that she was not sure what the problem was, and that since the domains are NOW past the grace period, that the money may not get creditted to my account!  

This is not an insignificant amount we are talking here.  If these domains do not get deleted and credited to me I stand to lose hundreds of dollars!

Since I expressed my concern to your phone rep she said the best she could do was to contact her manager (thru an email no less) and that even then she wasn't sure he would get my money back!

I am very confused...  

If the problem was something technical on your end how there be even a chance I will not get my money back?

PLEASE look into this matter ASAP.  I am very concerned over the whole thing.

And why in the world don't the account managers have a direct phone line?  Why the need for the slow email process for the phone support reps??

Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE:

Ok, I just received a call back from the support rep and she informed me that the problem was with Verisign.  The connection to them was somehow dropped yesterday and the deletions could not go through.

She also said that her manager wanted me to know that since the grace period was over I will not be getting my money back!!  

THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.

Why should I lose several hundreds of dollars because of a problem with Verisign???

At the very least if Verisign will not refund the money than Dynadot should do the right thing and refund the money in order to protect a customer.  This would be a far superior approach than to have a severely disgruntled customer who could potentially go on a bad publicity campaign against them.

PLEASE resolve this matter in the only way it should. I am trying to start a home-based domaining business and this is not a mere inconvenience to me.  This could potentially put me out of business!  Delete the domains and credit my account and ensure you will have a happy and life long customer instead of an extremely ticked off one.

[This post has been edited by tony_warwick_us on Oct 22, 2007 3:21pm.]
Reply Quote
11/5/2007 01:00
If you don't do something extremely stupid at some point in your business and then keep going despite the mistake then you aren't really serious about the business... right?  

I have a number of businesses going and I have come really close to killing every one of them.  Most ideas fail before I hit on one that actually works.  I think most people see those same odds.  

So congrats, you are that much closer to success.  ;)
Reply Quote
11/5/2007 01:04
Ha!  I really needed the chuckle.  Thanks.  I think  I will go to bed now...
Reply Quote
11/7/2007 14:43
Just a reminder to whomever that I am still here, and still waiting.  

On what, I am not sure.

Now to email you guys and call you as well.  Yet again.
Reply Quote
11/7/2007 14:56
I'm sorry, but Verisign has not gotten back to us in regards to your domains yet.
Reply Quote
11/13/2007 08:29
It is nearing almost a month now since I have asked for these deletes.  I am literally at a loss as to what could be taking Verisign so long with this decision.  

In an effort to bring this matter to a much-needed conclusion, I have sent yet another email to [email protected]  .  Please give the email your prompt attention.
Reply Quote
11/15/2007 16:48
It is almost easier for the company to ignore a request completely, than to confront it sadly..
-----
Given that I don't actually believe that this is Dynadot's issue, but I do believe they are the middleman in this whole ordeal; I say you call verisign directly and confront them on this matter..

Ignoring a request for a proper (and logical) refund is ultimately stealing right?

VeriSign Communications Services
Phone: 650-426-5310

[This post has been edited by j_m_san jose_us on Nov 15, 2007 4:51pm.]

[This post has been edited by j_m_san jose_us on Nov 15, 2007 4:52pm.]
Reply Quote
11/16/2007 09:22
This is an excellent suggestion and I will call them today to see if helps resolve this.

While I too believe that the waiting is not Dynadot's fault, I do feel they are responsible for the misleading policy on the grace period for deletes.  

If the grace period is 5 days, then it should be 5 days.  Not this risky "5ish" days grace period.  Just tell everyone that they really only have 4 days and leave it at that.

Frankly I am amazed that with the strong incentive to sign up with a $500 budget, and the poorly designed grace period countdown, and the lack of any warnings until after you start the delete process, that this sort of thing hasn't happened before.  

And it if has happened before can someone please tell me if a month long wait is common and does it usually end well for the person who fell between the delete cracks?

Thanks again for posting that Verisign number.  I will let you know how it goes.

[This post has been edited by tony_warwick_us on Nov 16, 2007 11:21am.]
Reply Quote
11/16/2007 12:25
Well that could have went better.

I called the number given and they said I needed to call another number in Virginia used for domain issues:  703-925-6999

When I told the woman on the phone that I registered some names at Dynadot and was now waiting over a month for some deletes to go thru she said they already knew about the issue, even though I hadn't told her who I was or what the domain names were.

She then added that she can't discuss the delete process with me.  I had to continue to work through Dynadot, who then in turn work with them.  She said I was Dynadot's customer and Dynadot was their customer.  In fact, I sensed she was a little perturbed that I was even calling them.

She told me that they cannot work directly with me because they can't confirm ownership of the domains or that I am who I say I am.  All those records are with Dynadot.

So then I asked how long this process usually takes and she said it could take a while longer.  A few more days.  A few more weeks.  She wasn't sure.  But she added that I needed to get my updates through Dynadot.

What the bloody F***.  

I can't believe this situation. How long does it take to confirm that the connection was lost on the day in question, push a few buttons on their end, and give me my money back?  

This process seems entirely too complicated for what it is.  The whole thing strikes me as a stalling tactic on someone's part.   Looks like they have me, and Dynadot, by the B***S.  

So ok, Dynadot, I AM your customer and it appears to me that the only recourse I have, since I really don't want to start a smear compaign against you, is to continue being a squeaky wheel.  So...

What's the status of my month old delete request?  

I know what the answer will be but I still want you to contact Verisign on my behalf so they know I am still here, am not going away, and want my money back.

Something tells me this thread is going to get much longer before this is all finished.

[This post has been edited by tony_warwick_us on Nov 16, 2007 12:43pm.]
Reply Quote
11/17/2007 16:21
Looks like your call had an effect. Verisign emailed back their decision. I took a quick look, and they are offering a credit for most, if not all of your deletions. We will process it early next week.
Reply Quote
11/17/2007 19:07
Well, thank heavens for that.  Let's hope the domains they may not delete are the ones I said I would be willing to keep as a compromise.

Thank you for taking the time to post a quick message so I can rest a little easier over the weekend.  It's things like that that make me glad I didn't lose it and do things I would have regretted later.   As I said earlier I really do want to like Dynadot and remain a loyal customer.  When this is all over I will have no problem doing just that.

[This post has been edited by tony_warwick_us on Nov 19, 2007 7:03am.]
Reply Quote