Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Domain Tasting Policy
5/27/2007 08:52
Is there currently a policy regarding domain tasting? More specifically, is there an upper limit to the amount of unwanted domains for which I can be refunded or some sort of ratio for the amount of domains I keep and delete?
Reply Quote
5/27/2007 16:20
I hope they do - as tasters ruin the system
Reply Quote
5/27/2007 22:03
Currently, I am unaware of any limit imposed on the number of domains that can be grace period deleted.
Reply Quote
Posted By hekler
5/27/2007 22:39
Suggestion on stopping tasters abusing the system.

Any parking revenue generated during the grace period is forfeited to DynaDot if the domain is cancelled. Fair enough fee I would think.
Reply Quote
5/28/2007 08:22
I think if there was any significant parking revenue to begin with, the taster wouldn't be canceling the domain. =P
Reply Quote
5/28/2007 11:29
Only a small % of domain tasters abuse the system, and thats when they register a domain for 5 days, cancel it, register it for another 5 days and so on, conning the system out of purchasing that domain name. Very sad and gives the legit domain tasters a bad name.

Dynadot should prevent the same domain from being registered and deleted more than twice.

Thats what makes Dynadot the greatest Registrar in the world, letting us delete domains for free. In the long run they  benefit more! as domain tasters invest $1000's of Dolla's into buying domains, more than the average customer.
Reply Quote
Posted By hekler
5/29/2007 00:53
First this one

I think if there was any significant parking revenue to begin with, the taster wouldn't be canceling the domain.

Then giving up that small amount will not be an issue and as the following quote shows some reregister every 4-5 daysso you can keep registering. One of the other processes is to see if the domain will sell.

And this one

Only a small % of domain tasters abuse the system, and thats when they register a domain for 5 days, cancel it, register it for another 5 days and so on, conning the system out of purchasing that domain name. Very sad and gives the legit domain tasters a bad name.Dynadot should prevent the same domain from being registered and deleted more than twice. Thats what makes Dynadot the greatest Registrar in the world, letting us delete domains for free. In the long run they  benefit more! as domain tasters invest $1000's of Dolla's into buying domains, more than the average customer.

Agree totally, but still take away any revenue this stops one of the reasons that they do it.

Finally DynaDot gives the service and it does cost something to service the feature so why should the registrant keep this revenue
Reply Quote