Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Domain not link error
1/31/2023 21:24
Why should I link my domain to shopify and not to anything else? if I do not link it what would happen
Reply Quote
3/20/2023 07:13
Hello,

We sincerely apologise for the delayed response!

If you already possess an online store on Shopify, it has a myshopify.com URL by default. If you want to change the web address that's displayed to customers to the domain name that you have registered on Dynadot, then you need to add it manually following the steps outlined in the help file link below.

How do I set up my domain with Shopify?
https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/shopify-domain-set-up

Setting up your domain with Shopify helps you establish your brand and build trust in your online store. However, please rest assured, it is not mandatory at all to link your domain to your Shopify store unless you want to. Nothing will happen that will negatively impact either your domain or your online Shopify store if you don’t do it, they just won’t be linked in the way outlined above.

We hope this answers your query. However, if there is anything else that has been left unclear, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a lovely day!

Best regards,
Dynadot Support Team
Reply Quote