Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
DNS records after domain transfer
7/12/2020 08:33
I just transferred my domain from Godaddy to Dynadot.
Everything is still working OK but it appears that the subdomain DNS settings were not transferred  
I don't see sub1.ABC.com and sub2.ABC.com in the DNS settings. Instead it shows " ns71.domaincontrol.com " which I believe is managed by Godaddy. Do I have to make custom changes to the DNS or will you transfer my custom settings from Godaddy to Dydnadot automatically.
Reply Quote
7/16/2020 14:22
Here at Dynadot, we have it setup where you can point to either the NS or the DNS. Since you have setup with the NS, you will have to login to your host provider and point it to the right DNS from there.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
j_b_montreal_ca_2 replied teamdynadot :7/16/2020 19:50
I did not have it setup with the NS. There is no hosting provider. The domain was transferred from Godaddy and the godaddy nameserver was simply imported by Dynadot but now things don't resolve properly. Transferring a domain from one provider to another is supposed to be a painless process but you did not import all my old settings. Only the nameservers. Typically I use the DNS to point to several subdomains with SRV records. To use DNS records do i set the nameservers to NONE or ns1.dynadot.com etc...
Reply Quote
j_b_montreal_ca_2 replied j_b_montreal_ca_2 :7/18/2020 21:10
I finally figured it out. It was a simple syntax error in the subdomain field. What bugs me the most though is that 5 people from Dynadot chat support , in 5 chat sessions, looked at my SRV DNS record and no one noticed the mistake. They kept on saying to contact my hosting provider and got really upset when I told them that SRV records are defined at the domain registrar level not the hosting provider. It's almost like they are working off a script and don't want to look at the individual scenario.
Reply Quote