Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Could do with some help, Web hosting and DNS management
6/27/2007 13:52
Hello,
I recently bought a domain at telivo.
Not sure how this all works,
I would to host the website on one of my pc's
but i'm not sure how to do this and wether or not it will eat up all my bandwidth.
So the first question is, how do I set up a pc to host my ".co.uk" domain and then how to change the DNS management on the telivo website so that it works with my web server.
Hope all that made sense.
REALLY NEED HELP,
and as soon as possible is apprectiated.
thanks!
Reply Quote
6/27/2007 16:20
I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with Telivo's system.  You should contact Telivo's customer support and ask them how to set up your web server for your domain.
Reply Quote
6/28/2007 06:31
Hello,
If you want your PC to be on the world wide web you would have to direct your domain to use your PC's IP address and have to setup the name server on your home PC (If you are on Microsoft you should have Win2k/2k3 Web/Standard edition running IIS) this would be better to have a Control panel (Eg. SWFSofts Ples khttp://www.swsoft.com/en/products/plesk75win/ ) This will make it easy for you to manage your website day to day taks and other management tasks (again you would have any Server OS installed for Plesk)

To bind the domain name with your IP address here it is one of the FAQs from telivo.com

http://www.telivo.com/faqs/faqc16q47.html

you would have to register ns1.youdomain.com with your IP Address,*

*It is enough to have a single name server though RFC21821 recommends to have at least 3 name servers

**Remember after you register the name server you would need to create name server entry on your web server

-  I may be wrong at any place, If you see any mistake anywhere kindly point it out, this will help me to improve my knowledge

Regards
Mashahood Nizamani
Reply Quote
6/28/2007 09:15
Thank you, for that reply.
I will try and follow your instructions.
Might be back shortly though ha.
Reply Quote