Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
A Name and CNAME Help
11/11/2018 13:02
I am trying to change my DNS settings. The host I am trying to change it to gave me their A Name and CNAME but when I put that on my DNS account here, it says "Cannot set CNAME Record and A Record together.".  It actually took the A Name but rejected the CNAME.

Can anyone tell me what that means and how to do this properly?

Thanks so much
Reply Quote
11/14/2018 01:21
Yes, CNAME record and A record cannot be set for root domain or same subdomain together. Please feel free to contact us support team so they can check the records further for you.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
k_c_belfast_gb replied teamdynadot :3/13/2019 19:04
Hey

Just trying to connect my domain to clickfunnels, having the same problem as above, can you please help, it's pretty urgent :/
Reply Quote
teamdynadot replied k_c_belfast_gb :3/21/2019 23:26
Our records show your settings seem to be fine, if you have urgent problem, please contact our chat support so they can check for you in time.
Reply Quote
k_c_belfast_gb replied teamdynadot :3/25/2019 14:43
Hey again

It definitely wasn't working, I tried today to put on stealth forwarding, which did work, however, my emails then stopped working?

I just want my domain to temporarily forward to a clickfunnels page, is this possible?

Many thanks
Lins
Reply Quote
teamdynadot replied k_c_belfast_gb :3/27/2019 20:20
You set up MX record using DNS, so when you changed it to Stealth forwarding, DNS including MX won't work. Can you please contact our chat support with the records you want to set for your domain? I'm sure they will help you with the set up.
Reply Quote