Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Canceling Expired Auction Orders
2/26/2010 16:44
We've changed how our system handles instances where an expired auction order was cancelled.  If a user accidentally forgets to pay his expired auction order, our system will check to see if this is the first time he has forgotten to pay.  If so, an email warning will be appended to the Order CANCELLED email.

If the same user does not pay for his second expired auction order, our system will ban him from participating in future expired auctions.

If submitting payment on time is an issue, please consider setting your Dynadot account's autopay settings to use account credit and fund your account appropriately.  This way, you can ensure your expired auction orders will always be paid in full (assuming you have enough account credit).

If you have any questions, please let us know.
Reply Quote
2/26/2010 19:06
Hello,

In the past years, the system didn't exist, and I had several non-payments, because it was allowed.

In the introducing of the new system, I made 2 errors in the beginning, because the anounecment was not probably done OR AND I already had placed the bids (thinking that payment could be cancelled without punishment) the day you anounced the introducing of the system.
You solved this problem and thanks.
You'll have remarked that I don't buy a lot any more.
I found the old system better.

ANYHOW  = NOW I wanna ask that all the errors on my account are
removed as if they didn't happen.

AND SOMETHING ELSE =
The computer of Dynadot should ONLY CHECK FROM BIS PLACED TODAY ON, if somebody hasn't payed from TODAY ON. So THE PAST, as you say should BEGIN NOW (and not the past before this announcement) I the computer says : Yes, this is a 2nd failure because somewhere in 2009 somebody didn't pay, I find that unreasonable.
NOT LET THE COMPUTER GO BACK TO 2009 and 2008 !
This wouldn't be fair to the people who are already a lot of years at Dynadot, and knew the old system, and the new system, and now another new system.
It's better but far from ebay or whatever, where you only after 3 strikes (not payed in 14 days), can be punished.

AND why don't we get a special email about this ???
As far as I know : Not everybody is consulting the forum.
It was by "chance" that I saw this.
An email to the members would be good.

Kind regards, and
Thanks
Reply Quote
2/26/2010 19:33
AND why don't we get a special email about this ???
I DID get an email about this when they first changed it. That is how I found out about the new system. I am assuming because they emailed me about it they would have emailed you to.

I do agree with you though. It should maybe only check if there is unpaid auctions in the last X months.

[This post has been edited by matt_07 on Feb 26, 2010 7:33pm.]
Reply Quote
3/10/2010 17:53
"I found the old system better."

The old system allowed people to bid up our auctions to very high amounts without any real punishment to the shill bidder.  It also allowed people to bid on domains that they had no real intention of buying.

Legitimate bidders are punished by this behavior.  

"I had several non-payments, because it was allowed"

It was never allowed, our policy has always been that you need to pay for the auctions you win.  In the past, non-payments simply were not punished.  

"ANYHOW  = NOW I wanna ask that all the errors on my account are removed as if they didn't happen."

Sorry, we won't be doing that.  You are aware of our auction policy and if you place a bid on an auction and win, it is your responsibility to pay.  

"I do agree with you though. It should maybe only check if there is unpaid auctions in the last X months."

From what I understand, that is how it currently works.
Reply Quote
2/18/2022 08:50
ok, now if I prepay then, am I suitable to buy an expired domain from the auction. As I can not participating any bid now for the reason of banned.
Reply Quote
2/18/2022 08:50
ok, now if I prepay then, am I suitable to buy an expired domain from the auction. As I can not participating any bid now for the reason of banned.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
teamdynadot replied f_j_chittagong_bd :2/22/2022 23:59
Hello, I can see the chat support has solved your concerns. Please feel free to contact us again if you have any questions.
Reply Quote