Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
trouble with recieving emails
1/7/2008 21:07
i've registered a website with mailhosting. im pretty decent with computers so i didnt have too much trouble setting up mail boxes and a catch all address - the interface is pretty easy to use actually.

but i am facing a problem of "lost" messages. all of the email id's forward to my gmail account actually, and keep no copies on my dynadot server itself.

sometimes i do get the mail in my gmail, but sometimes i get nothing (not even a "failed" message to the sender). and the message doesnt' show up in the message counter on my dynadot site.

i fiddled a little with some of the softwares i have and the only error they brought up was "(Unable to resolve the MX records from the server)"

please suggest ways to fix this, since mailing is the single most important thing i registered the domain for.

thanks in advance.

[This post has been edited by s_s_dubai_ae on Jan 7, 2008 9:07pm.]
Reply Quote
1/7/2008 21:24
i read some of the other threads and realised this info might be important:

1) the domain is not registered with dynadot and so i am using ns1 and ns2.

2) i am having no trouble sending email from my gmail account, with [email protected] in the from and reply-to fields.

3) i tried turning on BOTH local delivery and forwarding, the successful ones were delivered locally after around 5mins of being forwarded. and the unsuccessful ones just vanished ofcourse.

4) i have tried a million times to register one my of mails on mydomain.com on the MSN passports website so that i can use it on MSN messenger, made them send like 10 mails already (over the past 24hrs) to it, but so far i've got none locally or on the forwarded email id.

[This post has been edited by s_s_dubai_ae on Jan 8, 2008 12:38am.]
Reply Quote
1/8/2008 16:06
We have sent you an email in regards to this.
Reply Quote