Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Trouble Getting Domain & Web Hosting Together
12/20/2006 12:30
Hi,

Several weeks ago I bought the domain name www.privacyhedgetrees.com and last night I finally bought the web hosting for it.

I tried setting the the servers to the 'ns1.dynadot.com' and 'ns2.dynadot.com' but all that seems to do is direct the address to the dynadot main page.

What am I doing wrong?
Reply Quote
12/20/2006 13:22
I've changed the name servers to ns3.secureserver.net and ns4.secureserver.net and nothing seems to be working as yet. The domain still does a forward to www.dynadot.com.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply Quote
Posted By raph
12/20/2006 18:09
I'm guessing from your update that your hosting is not with Dynadot?
When you change name servers they take time to update on all computers and ISPs. For now, you can get around this problem by checking on your domain by either visiting http://privacyhedgetrees.com (without the www.) or by checking your website from a public computer or one at work. But Dynadot has a tool planned to help people with this problem... see https://www.dynadot.com/account/forum/f6-engineering-corner/web-page-snapshot-175.html for more details.
If your hosting IS with Dynadot, make sure the first two name servers are set to 'ns1.dynadot.com' and 'ns2.dynadot.com'.
If it IS NOT hosted with dynadot (i'm assuming instead that it is hosted with secureserver.net) try setting the first two name server entries to 'ns1.secureserver.net' and 'ns2.secureserver.net'.
Again, make sure you check on a different computer to see if your website works there before assuming there is a problem.
Reply Quote
12/20/2006 22:40
Sounds like a caching issue. Sometimes restarting your computer helps. If not, Raph's suggestion of trying your website from a different location is good. Often you just have to wait a couple of days for the cache to expire.
Reply Quote