Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
5/18/2007 09:03
Ive created a web site using a free utility and what Im left with is a stack of htm files and some other odd folders, I'm trying to use smartftp to get my website up to my domain but i havent a clue where to start.  how do i get rid of the 'parked for free' home page, and get my own site on there? sorry for being thick but im new to all this
Reply Quote
Posted By hekler
5/18/2007 09:18
The first thing you need to do is get (buy) a hosting package at DynaDot or else where. If it is a static site DynaDot does well.

You will then need to setup your nameservers within your domain account (DNS settings) to "point" to your hosting. Again if you are using DynaDot hosting you just need to go into your account and click the button that you have DynaDot hosting and the system will do the rest.

Once you have done that then you can upload your site to your hosting account. (Remember the new DNS settings can take upto a day to propergate throughout the web though generally much faster)
Reply Quote
5/18/2007 14:26
As hekler said, you need to get some kind of hosting to upload your files to.

There is also free hosting available too (but with ads).

A Beginner's Guide to Creating a Website (for $7.99)
http://www.dynadot.com/resource/article/qa.html?aid=6
Reply Quote