Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
hostbytes.net deletes all my sites and content and becomes scanhosting.com
9/5/2007 14:41
hostbytes.net has just deleted ALL of my sites including all content leaving me with around $25000 in damages.

They deleted everything without prior notice and have now reopened a new site offering the same services with just a different name. Scanhosting.com

SO, DO  NOT approach them as they are not serious in anything they do. They are a danger for the industry.

Boycot them at all times.

In fact, boot them offline for all i care. Want a new hobby? Boot them of this planet please.

It leaves me and 3 years of work destroyed.

Damn.
Reply Quote
9/7/2007 23:58
I have just had the same problem this week too and my community web site which people rely upon disappeared. I have tried to contact them numerous times to no avail!

I checked out the scanhosting.com like you said and you were right. I contacted them again in the hope of some answers.

They were always so helpful and communicative!

A real Pity!

[This post has been edited by b_s_macarthur_au on Sep 7, 2007 11:59pm.]

[This post has been edited by b_s_macarthur_au on Sep 8, 2007 12:00am.]
Reply Quote
Posted By hekler
9/8/2007 04:46
Hate to say this - but – backup, backup and if your not sure - backup again. Do what we do. Besides your main hosting account purchase a second hosting account with a cheapie hoster. Duplicate the site daily. If the other goes belly up your ready. If the cheapie goes belly up do it all again. The odds of both going belly up - near zero.

I know this is no consolation but as I wise man once said "It's not making a mistake that is the failure - it's not learning from it that is the making of a failure"

Gives ya the shits when they do it - doesn't matter how prepared you are.
Reply Quote
9/8/2007 15:59
I thought about that afterwards. Good Idea! Didn't even know I could do that until this happened!
Reply Quote
9/9/2007 19:20
I lost account on serv to.  I made backup.  Was posted in cPanel that you must do it. you responsible for data and backup you site not them. Tu bad you not made them.
Reply Quote
9/12/2007 22:45
Yeh, I made backup and only uploaded from my hardcopy. Just the time lost and the lack of reliability it gave to my users was the worst and having to look around for another server.
Reply Quote
9/13/2007 06:41
BackUp is very essential
Reply Quote
Posted By silphy
10/10/2007 01:17
My site is down right now for some reason and luckily i backed up my mysql database just before it happened but i didn't back up my files. I got a forum all i have to do is upload it again and im done!!
Reply Quote
10/18/2007 12:29
hey there m_r_porirua_nz and everyone else, same thing has happened to me, I was running a successful hosting business through www.just-extreme.com through hostbytes.net hosting, is there any way I can get my account with them back or if they even still exist under a different name? I have a backup of my original site.
Cheers.
Reply Quote