Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Chinese & Japanese BIZ IDN Launch Results
4/26/2007 15:32
We analyzed the results of the BIZ Chinese & Japanese IDN Launch. There were many duplicate pre-orders. The results below are for unique domain names. For example, many customers pre-ordered 中国.biz (xn--fiqs8s.biz), but it only counts as one domain in our analysis.

Also, variants only count once in our analysis. For example, 中国.biz (xn--fiqs8s.biz) and 中國.biz (xn--fiqz9s.biz) only count as one domain.

TOP 10 PRE-ORDERS

We successfully registered all 10 of the top 10 most popular pre-orders. These are the premium BIZ Chinese and Japanese IDNs that everyone wanted. We redesigned our pre-order system before this launch, and it really paid off.

TOP 25 PRE-ORDERS

We successfully registered 22 of the top 25 pre-orders. That is a succcess rate of 88%.

PROBLEM WITH CONNECTION

Shortly after this, we lost our connection to the central registry. We suspect that the central registry servers went down due to excessive load, but we don't know for sure. This has never happened to us before during a launch. We have added code to handle this situation in the future.

Unfortunately, this downtime disrupted our pre-order system.

ANALYSIS OF REMAINING PRE-ORDERS

Of all the domains with more than one pre-order, our success rate was 41.07%.

[This post has been edited by dynadot_staff on Apr 26, 2007 3:46pm.]
Reply Quote
4/26/2007 20:01
why was i charged $7.99 for a landrush .biz?  I have wholesale pricing as I have spent alot of money with dynadot.  It shows as $6.99 where bulk pricing appears but once in the cart shows as $7.99.

Not really cool! Will be looking at other registrars charging $6.99 for idn .biz.
Reply Quote
4/28/2007 16:08
We don't have bulk discounts for IDN launches. It takes us a lot of work and custom software to offer pre-orders. And we don't make a lot of money at $6.99. Hope you can understand.

By the way, the launch is over, and prices have been lowered to $6.99 for bulk customers.

[This post has been edited by dynadot_staff on Apr 28, 2007 4:08pm.]
Reply Quote
4/29/2007 08:27
please,  give me a break

I ordered these domains on the 26th - three days after the launch! I didn't pre order any .biz. I ordered the .biz days later!!!!
Reply Quote
4/30/2007 13:32
!!!!
Reply Quote
Posted By google
5/10/2007 12:09
Could you tell me which names are the TOP 25 PRE-ORDERS?

thank you~
Reply Quote