Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
chinese .biz
5/27/2007 14:37
I know that when I bought the Traditional chinese spelling of some .biz IDNs, I also got the Simplified version (eg 維基.biz also gave me 维基.biz)

However, I can only view the Traditional one in my Dynadot account.  And when I go to www.traditional version, it takes me to the Dynadot parking page, whereas when I go to the www.simplified version I get a message telling me no page exists.

Please tell me how I can manage the Simplified versions since I want to create web pages for them.

thanks,
Scott
Reply Quote
5/27/2007 22:02
I am not sure if it is possible to be able to have webpages for both the traditional and simplified versions of a Chinese IDN since both versions are considered IDN variants of each other.  There would need to be a way for web browsers to "link" the traditional version of the domain with the simplified version and as far as I know, there is no way to do that.
Reply Quote
6/2/2007 22:53
I don't think you quie understand what he's getting at.

When you reg a .biz and give it a "Chinese" language tag, the .biz registry gives you both the simplified and traditional versions of the domain, so you get 2 domains for the price of one.

He wants to know how to set NS for the 2nd free name that he got with the one he asked for.

Check out his examples:

xn--3js309f.biz
xn--3jsx02g.biz
Reply Quote
7/9/2007 01:53
Hmm, I think BIZ handles their variants a little differently than most central registries. Most central registries only allow one variant to exist. Which BIZ gives both variants to the registrant.

However, in our system there is currently no way to modify the second variant. So there is no way to set it's name servers.
Reply Quote
8/6/2007 13:51
And what date will you be fixing this problem?
Reply Quote
8/9/2007 02:44
This fix will require some special case code. I have added the request to our feature request list. There is no timeframe to fix it at this time.
Reply Quote
8/10/2007 09:57
Thank you.
Reply Quote
9/20/2007 10:45
To use both variants of the same Dynadot-registered Chinese .biz domain, you need to use the same set of outside name servers for both variants. Any of the options to use Dynadot name servers (parking, redirection, DNS) only provide a nameserver for the first variant listed, breaking the second.

If 偽基百科.biz (regular script) and 伪基百科.biz (simplified), are both variants of the same parody of the Chinese name of Wikipedia, "維基百科", one .biz registration here does indeed grab both names. Point them to an outside DNS (in this example, freedns.afraid.org was tried and works well); they then operate as two independent domains.

They don't even need to resolve to the same country. If the mainland is called "repugnant opposite shore power", you're looking at 偽基百科. 伪基百科 would be greatly insulted...
Reply Quote
4/19/2008 08:12
对于 .com域名来说,汉字的繁体和简体是相同的,也就是说,如果注册了繁体的“維基.com” ,那么对应的简体“维基.com”的是不能注册的。但是,需要注意的是如果两个字,一个繁体,一个简体,那就是不一样的了。这个尤其需要注意
Reply Quote