Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Domain nmae privacy
2/20/2009 13:06
Hi

I had privacy status applied to a domain of mine.but when I do a who is search it still shows all the details such
as my name and home address.

I don't know what is happening.

[This post has been edited by t_f_toronto_ca on Feb 20, 2009 1:07pm.]
Reply Quote
2/20/2009 18:20
You currently only have privacy applied to one of your domain names.  

Our privacy service only replaces your contact information.  Your name remains on the WHOIS record in order to prevent confusion about who is the owner of your domain name.

http://www.dynadot.com/domain/privacy.html
Reply Quote
2/20/2009 18:31
I think that is rather bad. I think privacy should pay for
the right to not have your name shown.
Why is it not reasonable that just the registers name be
shown?

That is a load of bollox.
Reply Quote
2/27/2009 17:17
ICANN recognizes that the owner of your domain is the person listed as the Registrant.  This can present several problems that we want to avoid.  

ICANN set the rules for how WHOIS information must be displayed.  We have to work within that system, if Dynadot's name was entered as the Registrant, we'd be the owner of the domain.
Reply Quote
3/11/2009 05:33
There is no good reason or excuse for not providing privacy when customers take that option.

It is totally irresponsible to show the customer's name, and any contact information on a private registration.

Dynadot offers private registration it does not provice customers.

It has NOTHING to do with ICANN.
Reply Quote
3/11/2009 05:39
I read the link provided.
Clearly Dynadot doesn't hide the fact that the definition of private registration is different at Dynadot than it is for what most people know is the correct definition, imo.

It is misleading no matter how much explanation is given, for dynadot to offer a private registration that dynadot knows is not fully private.

My bad for not reading that sooner.
Reply Quote