Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Are you guys serious
4/6/2010 11:03
I have just been over to the market place and im seeing some crazy ass prices on some domains actually loads, you guys have got to be kidding me.

No ranks no PR no traffic, no sales and seeing sites over $10,000

lol lol

Ok Rant Over
Reply Quote
4/6/2010 12:50
Those prices are set by the current owners.  If you look at the Whois record, you can try to contact the owner directly for more stats.
Reply Quote
4/7/2010 16:20
Oh no i didnt mean as in You Guys i just meant users who are members of the forum.

as for the site owners they are sure putting a high tag on those domains, my eyes nearly popped out my head seeing those.
Reply Quote
Posted By wati
4/13/2010 19:53
I agree. This the learning process we all go through and once they find out how to really make sale then they'll stop but until then let them have their glory days. I surely had mine 2 years ago.
Reply Quote
4/27/2010 19:02
The seller is free to ask for millions if they wish.  It simply boils down to what the market will bear.  A domain name that is worthless to one person (or millions of people) might be worth boatloads to somebody else.  But the harsh reality is that the vast majority of unadvertised, unmarketed domain names are worth right around zero.
Reply Quote
5/22/2010 22:36
yes i too was surprised about the prices.  I was just looking at a ten year old four letter never dropped site that is selling for fifteen dollars and the buy it now price is thirty bucks and he aint getting that!  so the prices here are just astounding.  i just paid three dollars for usedequipment.com that is a pretty good domain name with good keyword seo.  so yes eye popping is about right, lol.  but it is fun, just think of what their p/l statement looks like, sounds like what all those savings and loan bankers were doing in the 80's and 90's.

so anyway dream on my fellow travelers, let us all make our millions one way or the other.
Reply Quote