Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Will dynadot ever off $6.95 .com etc?
11/3/2006 18:03
Competing registrars already offer a lower price.  Even if you can't for the regular consumer couldn't a deal be worked out with those with more names?  It would give them a better incentive to renew and you'd probably make back the money in quantity. I know that after verisign/cc and icann take the dues theres not much left but hey its all about numbers.
Reply Quote
11/4/2006 07:10
They do offer lower price, but not as many feature like stealth, mail foward etc for the same price IMHO
Reply Quote
11/4/2006 11:18
We understand that price is a major concern for our customers, especially those with hundreds or thousands of domains with us. A one dollar difference can start to add up after a while.

Out of the $7.99 that you pay for a .COM name:

$6.00 goes to Verisign, the central registry
$0.25 goes to ICANN, the domain name regulatory body
$0.50 goes to the credit card company (or Paypal) for transaction fees

Then add in the other costs we have of doing business:

- Software engineers to program and maintain the website, and provice customer service.
- Licensed attorney to protect customer rights, stay in compliance with registry rules, and deal with numerous domain disputes.
- Office rent.
- Insurance.
- Advertising.
- Taxes and government fees.
- Computers and hardware.

We make less than a dollar per domain registration. Here is an article we wrote about domain prices:

http://www.dynadot.com/resource/article/qa.html?aid=2
Reply Quote
11/4/2006 11:25
We don't think we can lower prices at this point, without also lowering the quality of our website software and customer support. I can assure you that we count every penny here at Dynadot, and are not wasting your money like some of the big corporations.

For those registrars that offer domains at $6.95 and lower, what have your experiences been with them? How are they better than Dynadot? How is Dynadot better than them? We would be interested in your experiences.
Reply Quote
11/4/2006 12:20
you want my opinion on one issue about dynadot? For failed IDN .biz registrations we should get our $ back and not silly dynadot credits.  We shouldn't have to promise to give you our first born child if you don't catch our IDN .biz domain.
Reply Quote
Posted By kate
11/5/2006 15:22
I think that even at $7.99 Dynadot is competitive. Some registrars have cheaper pricing but often there are restrictions (for example rates valid for first year only).
Also my experience with the larger registrars is mixed. Some are too big to care or have poor support.
At least the staff at Dynadot reads the E-mail and you do not get the canned responses that are the norm elsewhere. Most of the time you get what you pay for.

Good pricing is important but reliability and peace of mind are paramount to me.
All in one paying an extra buck per domain is acceptable to me.
I feel safe with Dynadot.
Reply Quote
11/7/2006 14:15
i've been using too many service for domains including the biggest thiefs at Namecheap and finally i founf dynadot. The better people at support i couldn't find/ I made mistake few times in typing while registering domains and they help me solve the problem. Dynadot mails are friendly and not just automaticly geberated but written by live person filled with emotions.

I love dynadot and will stay with them forever!
Reply Quote
11/30/2006 17:27
Dynadot, you folks are first rate.  Your prices are fine as is.  Contrary to some opinions, the last thing I would like to see Dynadot do is lower prices and end up with cut-rate service.  I switched to Dynadot because of your reputation for great service at fair prices.  I have not been disappointed.  I plan to stay with Dynadot for a very long time.  Please keep up the great work.
Reply Quote
12/4/2006 16:17
Thanks for the kind words.

Dynadot Staff
Reply Quote
12/11/2006 04:58
I paid 14 Euro per domain and thought it was too much so I decided to go to a cheaper registrar... Oh boy oh boy!!! did I regret this !!! I started seeing some funny stuff like being told a domain was free and taking my money for it just to later tell me the domain was already taken.
As if that was not enough, their whois checker still reported the domain as being free and again allowed me to register.. It took me 5 months to get my money back (credited to account) and this only after receiving a letter from my lawyers.

Oh and by cheap I meant they charged $7.95 which is 4 cents less than the Dot.

Sorry about the long story, it is just to show fellow customers that we are actually having a very good deal here. Other's would charge at least $20 for the level of service offered by Dynadot.

[This post has been edited by afrocentrik on Dec 11, 2006 4:59am.]
Reply Quote
12/16/2006 12:01
if you dont like the price go else where or look into starting your own. Then you'll realize how cheap $7.99 really is. I hate when people whine about prices in hopes to get it lowered. What would you do if someone came to your business and tried to get you to lower your price.
Reply Quote