Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Will dynadot ever off $6.95 .com etc?
11/3/2006 18:03
Competing registrars already offer a lower price.  Even if you can't for the regular consumer couldn't a deal be worked out with those with more names?  It would give them a better incentive to renew and you'd probably make back the money in quantity. I know that after verisign/cc and icann take the dues theres not much left but hey its all about numbers.
Reply Quote
Posted By lamis
12/17/2006 00:45
I hold 4 domains with dynadot. I beleive that dynadot is the best!! I wont offer to change it even for lower prices
Reply Quote
Posted By osam
3/4/2007 23:11
After a lot of looking I must say $7.99 seemed to be a fair price for this service.

There is such a thing as a price too low - then you end up complaining about bad service, which of course, you didnt want to pay for it to begin with. You cannot have you cake and eat it too.

I see Melbourne for example asking $35 for reistration and it was not clear to me that they were providing a better service, so give Dynadot credit where it is due.
Reply Quote
3/9/2007 21:26
I have 7 domains with them.
Reply Quote
Posted By mehdi
3/10/2007 01:38
I have 37 domains and 0 problems with dynadot :D
Reply Quote
3/10/2007 06:07
Couple hundred here, and I still opted to pay the extra dollar to stick with them. Bulk Pricing will keep me here for a while.
Reply Quote
3/15/2007 00:30
Dynadot staff:

I like how you have explained your pricing, but what about the other TLDs? How can some registrars (who do not sell webhosting) offer $4.75 .net registrations?

Is that $.25 credit card fee a percentage, or is there a per-transaction fee in addition to the percentage? The reason I ask is because bulk buyers like me would be willing to find alternate payment methods to save that $.25 on thousands of domains. Whether that means writing a check twice a year (pre-funding) or grouping our domain renewals into batches of 100, 500, or 1000.

Price is not a major concern, it is THE MOST important concern for bulk buyers like me. But don't worry, I wouldn't switch to 1and1 even if they DID support IDNs :-)

P.S. If you're in Foster City, I would be happy to buy a round of beers to show my appreciation for your cool site :-)

[This post has been edited by n_n_henderson_us on Mar 15, 2007 1:58pm.]
Reply Quote
3/16/2007 17:37
Credit cards (and Paypal) charge per transaction. There is a transaction fee, then a percentage of the amount on top of that.

We are considering giving even further discounts to customers that prepay large amounts, or group their orders together. Lots of little orders does push up our transaction fees from the credit card company or Paypal. But this won't be for a while because we are working on some other projects right now.

We may also be able to give a discount to customers that prepay a large amount by check, or echeck, because there are no transaction fees to us for these payment methods. Once again this won't be for a while unfortunately.

I will ask about reducing our bulk NET prices.

[This post has been edited by dynadot_staff on Mar 16, 2007 5:47pm.]
Reply Quote
4/15/2007 01:39
For me the Price is OK.

Anyone has the option of bulk pricing.
And the registrars that use the 6.95 pricing are using a lot of upsales, which makes me so angry...

In my opinion, you should consider lower prices for people paying by means not including credit-card fees (wire, check or MoneyBookers). That way you and domainers (not credit card companies) will make money :)

[This post has been edited by s_v_chisinau_md on Apr 15, 2007 1:40am.]
Reply Quote
4/15/2007 15:04
We do pay a lot of credit card fees. Your idea is worth considering. I will add it to our feature request list.
Reply Quote
5/24/2007 17:08
I like DynaDot because it has a nice easy user interface. DynaDot compared to GoDaddy there is no question. GoDaddy is constantly throwing spam in your face and making things as complicated as possible. I JUST WANT A DOMAIN!

DynaDot you just click and go, no Bla bla bla on the side.

DynaDot's prices are perfect. They pay their fee's as any business and they take their profits. We all have to make money somehow.

The prices are not horrible or exactly "cheap". They are cheap enough for me to be able to resell domains through my account.

:) Keep it up DynaDot!
Reply Quote