Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Web Sites and Email Down for Hours
5/16/2009 06:19
I have 2 websites hosted here and all my email flows through the webhost.dynadot server. They've been down for way too many hours.

It has happened a few times of late but never for this long. What is gong on with Dynadot? At this point I need to be reassured that things are being handled or I may have to move my sites.

I have an uncomfortable feeling about Dynadot lately. Since I've hosted web sites for well over ten years, I've certainly seen my share of bad apples.

Please Dynadot, prove me wrong.
Reply Quote
5/16/2009 06:42
yes.. you are right webhost.dynadot is down...
Reply Quote
Posted By r_s
5/16/2009 07:30
This has happened so many times in the past year it is now serious and unacceptable.

Dynadot obviously has server and/or bandwidth problems which make it appear to be a third rate web hosting company.

All we get from Dynadot everytime is excuses.

There is no excuse - invest in more severs and in more bandwidth. Quality web hosting companies do not have this amount of downtime.
Reply Quote
5/16/2009 08:42
Crap. I was hoping that they would be up this morning, but no, still down.
Reply Quote
5/16/2009 08:59
I'm also having trouble accessing my website - can log in to the dashboard but cannot edit my site, nor are any of my site pages showing online like they should be.
Reply Quote
5/16/2009 09:47
Our web hosting appears to be under DDoS attack right now.

We are working on blocking the attack.

Dynadot Staff
Reply Quote
Posted By r_s
5/16/2009 09:57
Well, thanks for the info at least.

But surely, a good web host provider should have been prepared for such a thing by installing "application front end hardware"?

For instance:

http://www.radware.com/Products/ApplicationNetworkSecurity/DefensePro.aspx

[This post has been edited by r_s on May 16, 2009 9:59am.]
Reply Quote
5/16/2009 10:14
How long does something of this nature usually take?  I run a business through my site and I need to at least access my email.  I can contact my clients through an alternate email in order to let them know that things are down at the moment, but I need to be able to give them a general time frame.
Reply Quote
5/16/2009 10:25
guys please get the hosting back i already lost 300 USD on clicks on adwords becuase nobody can reach the websites.. its a desaster......
Reply Quote
5/16/2009 10:26
ya not good, beta go bak up soon
Reply Quote
5/16/2009 10:33
Looks like we have a software configuration issue. We have fixed the issue, and your sites should be responsive again.

Dynadot Staff
Reply Quote