Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
spam calls, queries after I reg name on Dynadot
Posted By lferra
2/7/2018 17:13
Why is it that whenever I register a name on Dynadot (this never happens on GoDaddy) I get swarmed with calls, mail from India, Pakistan, the U.S. I literally got 6 calls today. Is my info sold when I buy a name? Becuase it certainly seems that way.
Reply Quote
2/9/2018 14:09
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles with the spam calls and emails, we never share or sell any of our customer's information, but your WhoIs contact records are publicly available on any domains registered without a privacy service. Our service is free, you would just need to add it to the domains in your account. This would cover your contact information with ours, and we would forward any non-spam emails to you. You can add privacy to all of your domains by following the steps in this guide:

How do I add privacy to domains in bulk?
https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/add-privacy-in-bulk
Reply QuoteHide Replies
lferra replied teamdynadot :2/22/2018 17:20
I shall do this. Good to know it's an option, and it's free. May I revert back on a specific name(s), turning off privacy mode as well?
Reply Quote
teamdynadot replied lferra :2/24/2018 00:06
Sure, you can do that easily from within your account:

How do I turn off my domain privacy?
https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/disable-privacy
Reply Quote
2/21/2018 08:45
This is what I was trying to avoid but Dynadot forced me to disable the privacy in order to try to verify my contact details which were then published on WHOIS for anyone to see. I'm hoping not to get SPAM emails.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
teamdynadot replied d_a_london_gb_6 :2/24/2018 00:14
Looks like our account management team has been contacting you regarding the fake whois complaint. Please feel free to let them know if you have any other questions or concerns.
Reply Quote
d_a_london_gb_6 replied teamdynadot :2/26/2018 12:57
I was contacted about verifying my details with Nominet, but first I had to disable the domain privacy, rendering it useless.
Reply Quote
teamdynadot replied d_a_london_gb_6 :3/5/2018 22:17
Sorry for the inconvenience. The verification is required by Nominet which we have to comply with. I will forward the feedback to our team and see if we could work with the registry to improve it in the future.
Reply Quote