Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Some feedback and some proposals
6/10/2007 14:53
Hello,

I would like to say that overall I am very satisfied with Dynadot so far. I came here by accident, because I wanted to hand reg some domains, and I had funds only on my Moneybookers account. And in this way I learned at Namepros, that you are a registrar that allows paying for domains through MB. Excellent feature.

The price is good, though at the other registrar where I keep my other domains I get a discount, but I would say they are fair.

And price is not everything that matters. Today I just registered 7 .info's. And I did it here, because I like how fast and clean Dynadot is. There is another "big" registrar that offers cheaper info's, but I just don't like how many advertisments they put on their page. Dynadot is the best from this point of view. clean, fast .. excellent.

I will promote Dynadot outside on forums, because as a domainer it is better for me if people know the registry I deal with, so that they too trust them. this would be one thing that could be improved. Visibility. I do not know who your target group is (domainers or individual cusotmers), but still not every domainer heard about you and about your features.

Some things that would make Dynadot my first choice for holding and registering my domains:

1 backordering domains. I mentioned this in another thread too, but this would be an excellent feature. The market is full of backorder services (well not full...). But for example I see a domain in pending delete status, like I did  these days.. an LLLL.com with decent letters. It was going to be released on June the 8th. I knew it is a good domain worth about $40 - $50, but I did not backorder it because some services that do offer backordering charge me $60 and that is way too much for every domain.

2. .in domains. Yes, .in. I would like to invest in them in the future, and I bet that other people too. I would not like to keep all my domains in 1 - 2 places, but I will need to create an account at another registrar too, where I can get very good priced .in domains. Or not? Do you consider letting .in registration in the future.

3. Bulk domain search. Well, I am not quite sure of this, as I am quite new here, but I did not see a bulk whois search feature, and thus far I registered my domains individually. Maybe there is. If not it would be necessary.

Overall very satisfied with your services. If you have any questions please email me.

best wishes,

Alex Simon
Reply Quote
6/11/2007 00:08
Thank you for your feeback. We appreciate the comments and suggestions.

We do have backordering domains on our feature request list. Adding .in registrations is on our feature request list as well. But we don't have a set time frame for adding either.

We do have bulk search available. It is located here: http://www.dynadot.com/domain/bulk.html
Reply Quote
Posted By -kam-
6/11/2007 00:18
About the backorder issue,

You can use GoDaddy backorder service, they only charge less than $20 Per domains.

But the problems is GoDaddy never catch a good .com Domain. The reason is GoDaddy only own around 3 to 5 registrar.

If you want to backorder a .com, You may use clubdrop, pool or snapname.

So, I will suggest Dynadot to buy off more than 30 registrar before to providing backorder service.

[This post has been edited by -kam- on Jun 11, 2007 12:20am.]
Reply Quote
6/11/2007 06:19
Thanks for the response dynadot. If there is anything I can help, please contact me. I may help with suggestions about how to make a unique (and still profitable) backordering service. It is about the target group.
I know you won't be able to compete with Snap, but you may compete do one for the expired domains that drop "forever", for which people are not willing to bid $60. Those lower in value. This way, you would get a lot of registrations (and that is what matters for a registrar, because sincerely the renewal fee for csnb (recently dropped after not receiving bids on snap), and tie.com is the same). better the more.

As regards GD backordering. I never saw a worse one. They will not backorder the domain but will send the backordered domain to tdnam. And it is worse, because if a domain goes at tdnam, and there is a bid for it, people will raise eyes on it, rather than on a domain that is not backordered that big players may skip.

And that is also what I appreciate at Dynadot, its simplicity. I feel very respected that you do not throw on me advertisments upon advertisments. That is how I would like a backordering system (simple, plain and honest).

I hope you will succeed in making a good one soon. Also could you tell us if it is expected to come out this year?
It would help a bit. I know you cannot make big upcoming statements in the forums, but a bit of orientation would be ok.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Alex Simon

PS: Just saw you have bulk prices too, if I make more than   $500 payments in a year. Then I would have almost the same price as "somewhere else". Hmm... I will consider moving my domains here. I love Dynadot :)

[This post has been edited by a_biharia_ro on Jun 11, 2007 6:20am.]
Reply Quote